The candidate will join one of the largest banking institutions in the world.
The team and project:
The primary purpose of the IT Cost Management team is to govern all third party IT spend (c$3bn) including managing and continuously improving the Cost Management processes. In this role, there will be specific responsibility for managing initiatives and projects from an IT perspective. Evaluating renewals of contracts ahead of time, challenging demand / requirements and working collaboratively with technical teams and procurement to obtain an optimal commercial deal. Maintaining the IT initiatives and projects calendar for the relevant IT teams including correct articulation of the financial P&L budgeting, owning the renewal trigger points and driving subsequent actions will be essential. This role will include working with the IT Teams CIOs, COOs and supporting teams to optimise IT’s utilisation of third-party hardware, software, resources, and associated IT services (including non-permanent workforce) to maximise value and cost savings. Furthermore, support will be provided to each area to assist working towards a complete zero-based budgeting approach.
- Candidates will be commercially aware with expertise in Cost or Commercial Management and shall be responsible for creating and maintaining a robust governance model in evaluating, reviewing all IT
expenditure and proactively driving cost reduction across Technology.
- Driving sustainable growth. Develop the IT sub-function responsibly, engaging with colleagues across the function including peer Senior Managers and typically 2 levels up the organisation reviewing and driving the sub-function strategy feeding into the overall IT strategy. Leads and facilitates change through effective communication, preparation and implementation with peers across the company. Strong impact to support risk and regulation. Lead global joint commerical projects.
- Achieving excellence. Focuses on medium and long-term goals even when under pressure or facing uncertainty. Manages expectations, results and impact of agreed outcomes, thinking ahead to identify and
overcome potential issues, benefiting from a good network of Senior Managers to collectively identify and mitigate risk.
- Contracts Management – accountable for ensuring that contracts are renewed in a timely manner including approval via cost management processes and sign-offs / stakeholder management.
- Management Information – support creation of MI against contract database and third party spend.
- Complex stakeholder relationships – role needs to manage upwards, sideways and down the organization.
- Balance between global and regional requirements – vendor support and understand what the domains need.
- The role is for a senior leader with an in-depth understanding of the IT global operating model.
- Expert knowledge required on IT suppliers and contracts including an understanding of technology platforms and IT Vendor Management policy.
- The role is the owner globally for contract and cost knowledge in assigned IT area.
- Must be able to make decisions quickly using judgment based on variable quality information
- High caliber communication and influencing skills – the role requires relationship management, participation and influence in all partnership relationship with senior leaders of other partner functions across IT
- Typically educated to undergraduate degree level, master degree preferred.
- Experience and proven track record in vendor, cost and commercial management including cost reduction / optimization programs.
- Expert knowledge on IT Infrastructure technical platforms / technologies, execution of IT vendor management policies.
- Good understanding of the IT global delivery model and future roadmap.
- Strong leadership and management skills together with the ability to motivate staff from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a multi geography, culturally diverse and time-zone separated management role.
- Good communications skills and ability to motivate and communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical with the ability to understand and resolve problems.
- An opportunity to broaden/deeper knowledge and expertise in global projects.
- Contact with top IT technologies available in the market.
- Parking few minutes away from the office.
- Childcare policy.
- Private health care (different options – from basic to VIP), employees’ benefits: private life insurance, multisport.
- Work and Learn from teams with mature processes and tools to ensure the best-in-class deliverables.
- Casual dress code.
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Senior IT Cost and Contracts Manager (IT COO IT Cost Management) position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org