Kraków/ REMOTE WORK POSSIBILITY
Typical working day 9am – 5pm but may be asked to flex and start/finish later to align with global stakeholders on occasion. Weekend working required approximately 1 week in every 4 for change implementation.
Contract type: Employment contract
Working time: Full time
Seniority level: Specialist, Senior
Red Hat Linux, Shell Scripting (BASH/CSH).
SUSE Linux, Solaris, AIX; Perl, Python; Splunk; Puppet/Ansible, Cloud Technologies e.g. AWS, GCP; Kubernetes, Mulesoft and Kong API’s, Jenkins
ABOUT THE PROJECT
They are looking for skilled individuals for the Infrastructure delivery team (Payments IT department). The team builds and supports Infrastructure across a range of technologies including Linux, MQ, WAS, and Oracle.
With ever increasing real-time demands of customers, the rapid delivery of robust infrastructure is key to achieving key business drivers whilst maintaining availability and stability of service.
This offer is aimed at people who are eager to work in a dynamic team supporting complex application environments and to use progressive technology.
- Review user requirements and provide direction in the provisioning and delivery of systems into the live environment
- Maintain awareness of and participate in planning and execution of business IT projects requiring build-out and delivery of Linux systems.
- Install/configure Linux operating environments and related storage and tooling products while applying best practices to ensure performance, reliability, security, workflow optimization, and resource management.
- Troubleshoot at 2nd and 3rd level issues on the Operating System and with related layered products both, as part of an ongoing project in build and, when in live – the latter from time to time.
- Evaluate server provisioning processes and implement process improvements aligned to DevOps methodologies.
- Develop, maintain and prepare documentation for installation and configuration procedures.
- Provide consultancy as subject matter expert on system-related solutions for various business IT projects and operational needs.
- Configure VxVM/LVM file systems, undertake firmware upgrades, and set up high availability clusters at server and application level and shared clustered file systems.
- Manage IT related projects such as new technology implementations and rollouts.
- Setup automation using shell to increase efficiency and reduce time spent undertaking tasks.
- Providing full scope of the day to day Production Support service including resolution of the live incidents as well as post-resolution problem management activities,
- Providing technical expertise in finding root cause of major system problems,
- Installation of new software releases provided by the vendor,
- mplementation of the locally developed solutions (Script Shell, Java, Bash, Phyton, Perl),
- Support of the various testing activities related to the new implementations,
- Working closely with various stakeholders located in different places in the world,
- Reviewing, designing and re-engineering processes with new technologies to improve performance,
- Designing and driving the implementation of service offerings, capability uplifts and process improvements, automation and efficiency initiatives
- Evaluating, developing and applying appropriate tools to analyse the architecture,
- Contributing productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE THEY REQUIRE
- Fluency in English,
- Experience of high frequency change, specifically adoption, engineering and execution of automated CICD pipelines,
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Detailed knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems administration (Red Hat and Solaris) and the definition, design, and implementation of network
- communications and solutions
- Substantial Veritas Volume Manager/File System and Cluster Server installation, configuration and administration experience required.
- Ability to communicate clearly via written and spoken word to multiple stakeholders including peers, mid-level and senior leadership.
- Ability to multitask and switch priorities as business warrants.
- Uses skills, discretion, independent judgment, best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Working knowledge of SAN/NAS technologies, TCP/IP networking, and basic infrastructure services: SMTP, DNS, FTP, NTP, SSH, LDAP, TLS, SSL and HTTP.
- Experience with enterprise management tools (BMC, HPSA, VMware vSphere, etc).
- Works independently with minimal guidance while collaborating in a team environment.
- Background in Microsoft Windows Server technologies a big plus.
- Strong understanding of technology layers in application landscape, storage, OS, network, database, application,
- Demonstrable, excellent, spoken & written communication skills across global organization,
- Proven triage capability under pressure, able to make strong priority judgement at runtime balancing contending demands,
- Technically inquisitive with progressive interest in modern engineering disciplines and techniques,
- Understanding of customers’ needs and delivering excellent customer service,
- Making prompt and practical technical decisions, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes,
- Experience in Agile/ DevOps environment and in assisting in production support.
- Ability to seek out opportunities for efficiencies, automation and improvements in the environment and make them tangible.
OPTIONAL/NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in Payments, Global Liquidity and Cash Management is an advantage
- Experience with Oracle Databases, MQ, IIB WAS is an added advantage.
WHAT THEY OFFER
Be part of dynamic IT environment
- Parking few minutes away from the office,
- Relax room (with massage chairs and area for yoga/stretch)
- On-site medical consultations in the office,
- Childcare policy,
- Bicycle racks in the underground garage and around the office; showers dedicated to cyclists,
- Game room (with Xbox, PS consoles and foosball table),
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply! 🙂
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the UNIX/LINUX Specialist position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”