ABOUT THE PROJECT
This position will work with the Regional Head of the department to drive and implement the Europe data strategy. This will require working with regional/country business units, Operations, Transformation, IT and Risk teams, as well as operating at a senior level to influence outcomes.
The role holder will focus on the execution of business improvements in data management and data quality to support global information management reporting, compliance, and business strategy initiatives. This may include the sign-off of any design and build of the future capability, as well as acting as the ‘data expert’ for the country. This position will also partner with the Group and participate in relevant Working Groups and Committees.
This will result in significant business benefits such as reduced costs, improved client experience, reduced operational risk, better MI for business decision making and increased revenue.
Impact on the Business
• Execution of a Country Data Quality Framework
• Drive the move towards the long-term goal of strategic and tactical information initiatives based on Regional & Country Data objectives
• Perform high-level review of finished projects or work-in-progress to ensure correctness, accuracy, and conformance to regional DAO business requirements and global DAO objectives
• Cross-business alignment of information to meet Country needs and management reporting
• Implement the vision and objectives for the global and regional DAO teams
• Ensure that local business owners are identified to be accountable for data quality, and that mechanisms exists to highlight potential data quality problem areas
• Implement approved proposed tactical data management processes (e.g. local ‘Data Effectiveness’) to ensure they align to the Group/Regional/Country Data Objectives and Standards
• Prompt escalation of any identified data quality issues. Engage key stakeholders as required to resolve any data issues identified within agreed timeline.
Customers / Stakeholders
• Implement Group / Group Data Policies and Standards
• Execute & support relevant Group / Country data initiatives
• Liaise with internal / external stakeholders with respect to data initiatives
• Leverage the data and information infrastructure to support business community information needs
• Work with the business / functions to implement a timely and effective data strategy
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5-10 years of experience dealing directly with data management required
• Demonstrated knowledge of Financial Services (Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets) business processes and resultant information needs: client, risk / regulatory, finance, etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge of data structure, data systems/tools and related software and data management policies and practices in a complex organisational environment
• Proven record of effective leadership, including the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; building teams and consensus; getting things done through others not directly under his/her supervision; and working ethically
• Project Management skills (project planning and tracking; issues identification and management; project status reporting)
• Experience in facilitation between Business and Technical functions to achieve agreed outcomes
• Experience in accommodating: Assumptions, Dependencies, Risks and Issues into planning activity
• Business process analysis skills – ability to analyse and document the current processes and organisations that create and manage the client data
• Data analysis skills – ability to analyse the different client identifiers and client hierarchies and understand the relationship between them and any controls currently in place (or if controls should be in place)
• Previous experience with data management tools (examples include Trillium, Siperian, etc.)
• Experience running data management programs and/or organisations at a large financial services institution.
• Knowledge of data management practices
• Active industry knowledge of the current state of data management trends
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Data Governance Manager position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”
Dotcommunity jest zarejestrowana w Rejestrze agencji zatrudnienia (KRAZ) pod numerem 9904.