Our client is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Their global businesses serve more than 40 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 64 countries and territories.
Java Engineer will develop, maintain and support back-end payments related services and interfaces processing SEPA payments, SWIFT messages and internal accounting entries or will be building front-end services used internally across European region.
Main project objectives are :
- Building and supporting services, microservices and applications (back-end & front-end) in Java 8/9/10, Spring / Angular / SQL etc. while maintaining and preserving standard products,
- Reduce cost and complexity of interfacing with further surrounding systems from a “point to point” approach
to a modern approach with an integration layers such as APIs, Mulesoft, Kafka topics, microservices patterns, Juniper Ingress/Egress patterns or/and WMB EAI/MQ,
- Reduce costs in testing by adopting automation testing frameworks,
- Increasing Straight-Trough-Processing (STP) capabilities of services,
- Development, maintenance and support (DevOps) of services using Java8>/Springboot,
- Managing payment services portfolio hosted on Linux, Windows or serverless environments/platforms – at cloud (Google, AWS, Azure or Ali) or on-premise hosting,
- Development, maintenance and support of service related interfaces (its orchestration layer), microservices or back-end accounting engine solutions,
- Creating Functional, Technical or Business process related documentation for supported services and their orchestration (integration) layers.
- Conducting Unit Testing, System Integrated Testing or supporting UAT of related solutions,
- Taking an accountability for quality of an output and timely delivery of tasks,
- Embedding and following group strategy, values and behaviors while dealing with project related matters.
- Working closely with Project Managers, Architects, Business Stakeholders and further surrounding teams and IT units located in UK, France, India or China.
- Using Git, GitHUB, Jenkins, Maven, RTC, G3, Nexus etc for artifact management and wherein the code release mechanism.
- Following Agile & DevOps working methodology and tools (Jira, Confluence, SharePoint etc).
- Support the design and delivery of changes of strategic applications.
- Building new integration layers and messaging protocols ensuring the reliable delivery of messages, files and data between two or multiple services and related interfaces (Mulesoft, FTP, SFTP, MQ, EAI, REST/GET APIs etc.).
- Active team player.
- Working with Business Analysts, Project/Product Managers to understand business requirements and how they translate into development sprints.
- Sprint planning, task estimation, planning and team collaboration, creating technical solution or further design documents.
- Java development to coding standards including Bank & industry standard patterns and practices.
- Thorough unit test coverage, Test Driven Development/Behavior Driven Development
- Participation in a full (peer) code review process.
- Configure and manage deployment across multiple environments (dev, test, performance and production).
- Contribute to L3 support and consultancy on Run the Bank activities as support and consultant.
- Adopted framework: using Angular for service front-end and Spring Boot for service back-end functionality.
Skills and experience they require:
- Master degree,
- Min. 3 year experience in software development in Java 8>/Springboot and preferably within Financial Services,
- DevOps pipeline management experience (using GitHUB, Git, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Jira, Confluence, G3),
- Experience in Linux (min 2 year’s),
- REST / SOAP API knowledge,
- Java/SpringBoot/Spring knowledge was an essential, optionally Angular hands-on experience was an advantage,
- Experience in SQL,
- Experience in WMB (IBM WebSphere Message Broker and Transformation Extender), MQ is an advantage,
- Experience in working in a banking environment is an advantage,
- Confidence in English language (speaking/writing),
- Self-driven and independent,
- Ability to work within international environment and to manage a complex workload, analytical mind-set,
- Ability to adopt to changing environment,
- Ability to achieve an excellence under challenging and pressuring conditions and being able to multitask ☺,
- Demonstrable expertise as a technical Software Engineer,
- Comfortable with complex technology architecture.
- Stable job in professional team.
- Interesting path of career in an international organization.
- Interesting and dynamically changing scope of responsibilities.
- Private health care, employees’ benefits.
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Software Engineer – Java position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”