Our client is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Their global businesses serve more than 40 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 64 countries and territories.
• You will be working within Markets and Securities Services – also known as the ”investment bank”, where technology is central to all aspects of their business – for example electronic trading in the financial markets.
• The team of approx. 4-6 develop applications for a diverse set of FX (Foreign Exchange) services for financial institution clients:
◦ FX Prime Brokerage services to the alternative fund manager industry.
◦ FX Hedging services to Asset Managers.
◦ FX order management and execution to Custodians acting on behalf of their clients.
• Their business is global and they have development teams in Europe (UK, Krakow), APAC (China, HK) and in North America (Toronto). The global team is currently approx. 50 people and for Europe their development team is in Krakow.
• This role involves being Technical Lead for approx. 4-6 full stack developers for “Global Intermediary Services” (GIS) IT.
• You will be hands on and technical in this role.
• You will have overall responsibility for the Krakow development team. You are expected to meet in the office an average of at least once per week. You are expected to network and encourage your team to collaborate with wider Poland teams.
• All teams in GBM IT teams are moving their systems towards smaller micro services including their (average 100-150 micro services running) – this allows “pods” of developers to work on their service, they can release small changes more frequently and more safely (this team release to production daily) and ultimately get working software in the hands of their users and clients as soon as possible. They also use agile development practices and tooling to develop their systems iteratively.
• These are high volume financial markets systems – which means that efficient performance, scalability and design are key aspects of your technology role.
• They are Dev Ops – your team is responsible for all aspects of developing the system – this may mean automating testing or deployment or making sure the live systems are instrumented so the team can support them. In GBM IT if something doesn’t work or causes problems you are empowered to fix it.
• You will be passionate about the software you deliver and want to take responsibility for all aspects including production service. They are developers but ultimately, they own what they build and that means taking it in turns monitor the live system during the working day (shared with their colleagues in London) and very occasionally they may need to deal with issues out of hours.
• Split of daily tasks: 60% programming vs 40 % team leadership
• Hands on design and coding experience in Java (v.11+)
• Previous experience in Tech Lead roles
• Experience in the IT industry- 7+ years
• Degree in engineering, information systems or related
• Prior experience in financial services/investment banking will be highly valuable
• A problem-solving attitude
• Creating clean, high-quality and secure solution;
• Exposure to Agile methodologies.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Fluent English
What they offer:
• interesting path of career in an international organization,
• challenging job in young, dynamic team,
• competitive and motivational salary, private health care, employees’ benefits,
• courses & training for employee.
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Development Engineering Manager position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”
Dotcommunity jest zarejestrowana w Rejestrze agencji zatrudnienia (KRAZ) pod numerem 9904.