Join one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations! Our Client’s global businesses serve more than 40 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 64 countries and territories.
Market Securities & Services (MSS) is the “investment bank” for the company. The Global Foreign Exchange (GFX) business is a key component within the company’s MSS division. Their businesses generate millions of transactions across a range of financial markets. Their IT teams design and develop modern systems covering all aspects – trading in the markets, sales and customer tools, handling transactions and building financial and regulatory reporting.
Who they are
This role is working within the Market Securities & Services (MSS) division, where technology is central to all aspects of their business – for example, electronic trading in the financial markets.
River is the first ever our Client-built Cash FX primary trading system (PTS).They are a 170 strong global team located across New York, Toronto, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, London and Krakow. The team covers a wide area of functions including:
• Risk delivers client facing applications including risk management
• Trade Workflow is responsible for trade booking and lifecycle
• Compute focuses on valuations
• RODS manages trade storage
What they do
They are building an in-house platform to support all primary functions for FX Trading (pricing, booking, routing, risk management and valuations) which is replacing a vendor platform. Their pods adhere to the DevOps ethos and work closely with the FX traders. Everyone in the team develops and releases components of the system into production. So far, they have performed 15,000 releases to build out their PTS and have demised the vendor platform in all trading sites.
The way they work
• All their teams work in pods of 4-8 developers and work closely with the business
• They are not ‘order takers’ but responsible for the service they are developing
• For them that means:
All their teams strive to do continuous delivery – they do small, incremental releases and follow agile practices
They are empowered to use technology and tools to automate as much as possible
They build small services and strive to break up monolithic systems where they have them
Each small team is responsible for everything from the requirements to the development to running it in Production. If they build it they own it
Joining them, you will work on:
• Creating usable, efficient and elegant Java code
• Developing and performing tests
• Participating in regular team meetings
• Providing responsive support for business areas
• Assisting with releasing process of the application
Your daily tasks
You and your teammates are responsible for all aspects of delivering software to users:
• Work with project team to perform end-to-end delivery of the project by finishing the assigned task within agreed timeframe and quality, including requirement analysis, coding, testing (manually and automated), releasing, documenting and defect fixing with required visibility.
• Takes ownership of module / component and conduct continuous improvement.
• Participates and supports team’s events / activities and helps in team’s continuous improvements in delivery productivity, collaboration and visibility.
• Speaking to the product owner and business on features and requirements.
• Production availability of your service – if you build a service you own the service
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Familiar with modern Java programming language
• Knowledge in data structure and basic algorithm
• Knowledge in compute network / TCP IP
• Communicative English
• A fast learner with curiosity and passion in technology, who keeps updating his/her knowledge with good mindset in problem solving
Nice to have
• Knowledge and experience with best practices like OOP, design patterns, clean code, writing automated unit and integration tests.
• Ability to deal with pressure and calmness in urgent / stressing situation
• A team player
• Employment in one of the largest banking and financial services organisation in the world;
• Interesting path of career in an international organisation;
• Language / Studies Reimbursement Scheme;
• Professional trainings;
• An environment where you will be given space to take ownership and accountability for your work;
• A Team of professionals that will help you develop & succeed;
• Exposure to company lines of business and markets;
• Employees’ benefits: private medical care, Multisport Card, life insurance, and other.
NOTE: prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply! 🙂 Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Java Developer position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”
Dotcommunity jest zarejestrowana w Rejestrze agencji zatrudnienia (KRAZ) pod numerem 9904.