Our Client’s Digital Business Services (DBS) is an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across their offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico. They build digital solutions that will impact the lives of over 41 million customers worldwide.
WPB Tech has experienced significant growth and change within recent years. This has driven the need for them to undertake a strategic review of their current Target Operating Model and Organisational Leadership Structure. The creation of the Mobile as a Platform Sub value Stream will drive joint delivery of business outcomes through deep partnership between Business, Markets, Technology and Digital. As a result of these new changes, they are seeking experienced professionals for the Principal Mobile Engineer opportunity.
They are transforming their digital capabilities, driving innovation, delivering products in evershortening cycles and helping to drive the continuous improvement of their processes, tooling and engineering practices. The Mobile team governs mobile engineering lifecycle activities providing standards, alignment, management oversight and resource allocation in order to fulfil roadmaps, guard highest levels of quality and operate on top of the best-in-class platform.
What you will be doing:
- Take the lead on some of the most technical and hardest problems to solve, working with teams of engineers and advising on what gets delivered.
- Advocate for the area of technology within our client, communicating to a diverse global team of hundreds of engineers.
- Participate in the technology leadership team and provide oversight in your discipline as a senior engineering lead.
- Decide on how Engineering is done and ensure quality standards are adhered to by teams and advanced.
- Ensure that technology risks and opportunities are identified, managed, and resolved appropriately.
- Ensure that new technology is evaluated for its applicability within our client, decisions are communicated, and engineers follow the direction that you set.
- Build solutions that can scale to hundreds of Engineers, designing for scalability, reusability.
- Collaborate with the recruiting team and Engineering leadership to attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent.
- Peer reviewing code by a diverse team, provide feedback in a timely and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrate engineering patterns that enable teams to solve complex engineering problems in simple ways.
- Work with a diverse Engineering leadership team to define the strategy for how engineering is done in your discipline.
- Identify strategic ways to reduce technical debt, working with teams to ensure they are continuously improving.
- Proactive collaboration in the project team to help develop the product using your experience to help guide the team through the whole development lifecycle.
- Hands on with planning, estimating, contributing to the architecture, coding, development.
- They promote a DevOps culture so you will need to look beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software they build.
What you will bring to the role:
- Demonstrated experience as a senior individual contributor or technical lead within a large-scale mobile engineering organisation.
- Ability to build relationships through regular engagement with a large technical team.
- Confidence in your decision making and able to ‘hold your own’ during conversations and seek out mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Strong communication skills and experience with engaging with a diverse team of engineers through presentations and blog posts.
- Expert level of experience within the Mobile area of technology.
- Knowledge of security best practices within mobile development
- Strong leadership experience within an engineering/technology organisation.
- Experience mentoring engineers and building strong working relationships
- Collaborative attitude in getting things done and able to roll up your sleeves when required but step back when it’s necessary.
- Experience working in an Agile and DevOps organisation, with an appreciation for measurement to guide decision making.
- Track record of identifying and implementing opportunities to enable engineers to develop more productively and with high quality
- Appreciation for quality, with the ability to make calculated trade-offs when required.
- Good knowledge of software design patterns and software architecture principles.
- Experience as a technical expert on Mobile platform and competency with industry standard libraries
- Experienced in a range of agile and DevOps practices and understand how they affect product quality and speed of delivery.
- Have strong experience leading highly productive teams of technically talented engineers
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
Knowledge/skills you need to have and make use of:
- Hands on experience on using Kotlin to develop Android App
- Knowledgable in upcoming engineering trends for Android ecosystem
- Experience as a technical expert on the Android platform and competency with industry standard libraries
- Have experience in Dagger2, Rxjava2, Retrofit2, familiar with third party lib integration
- Master level with UI and Core Architectural Design patterns
- Solid experience in writing Unit Tests and UI tests, must be familiar with Junit, Mockito and Espresso
- Experience with source code versioning tools, specifically Github
- Familiar with security concept and integration is must, like https, cert pinning, encryption and decryption and data protection
- Stable and interesting job in professional team with international exposure,
- Friendly and welcoming culture, focused on professional and personal development,
- Access to professional training and professional qualifications,
- Strong support in professional development of our people to enable them progressing their careers both locally and/or internationally,
- Private health care, employees’ benefits.
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply! 🙂
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Principal Engineer – Mobile Platform (Android) position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
Dotcommunity jest zarejestrowana w Rejestrze agencji zatrudnienia (KRAZ) pod numerem 9904.