Your career opportunity
Third Party Management (TPM) is the process of identification, assessment, remediation, and ongoing management of the risk our client is exposed to when buying goods or services from a third party. This is an essential part of their business because it;
Ensures they comply to their regulatory obligations.
Protects our client’s brand, values, and reputation.
Enables them to meet their business needs and support critical business services.
Reduces the risk of doing business with third parties.
Supports their policies and provides a consistent approach across the bank.
What you’ll do
- Be the single point of contact for the relevant SROs, building a strong collaborative relationship
- Build an understanding of the engagement, the service and the risks associated with engagement categories
- Proactively manage the end-to-end engagement with the SROs, ensuring that actions are completed in a timely manner
- Perform validation of engagements to ensure that it has been correctly classified and following the correct TPM process, remediation of data issues
- Assess the risk associated with an engagement via the completion of the Pre-Assessment and IRQ (Inherent Risk Questionnaire), Perform periodic updates to the Pre-Assessment and IRQ (if triggered)
- Review contract wherever required to understand more about the obligations and relevant contractual clauses.
- Execute all pre-contract and post-contract tasks and activities against defined quality standards
- Perform a detailed review of the Residual Risk Questionnaires received from external third parties, reviewing responses and evidence against defined quality standards, and engaging with suppliers where appropriate
- Coordinate any risk mitigation remediation activity between third party, SROs and other internal parties
- Coordinating engagement exit activities between SRO, internal and external parties to ensure that engagements are exited compliantly to TPR policy
- Ensure that SROs and Busienss operate in line with required frameworks, the prevailing regulatory and industry standards and our client’s Policies & FIMs. Provide guidance to the SROs to ensure adherence to policies and processes
- Act as a trusted partner, ensuring the SROs feel supported and build trust and credibility in the Hub by acting with integrity and professionalism in day-to-day engagements
- Escalate any issues in a timely manner to HUB Team Lead or Subject Matter Expert
- Maintaining and observing our client’s internal control standards, as well as timely implementation of internal and external audit points, together with issues raised by external authorities.
What you need to have to succeed in this role
- Experience within a risk management role, preferably within third party management. Financial services experience or at a regulatory agency or major consulting firm is desirable.
- Prior quality assurance or audit experience, ideally within the context of third party or risk management.
- Strong relationship management experience, demonstrable examples of teamwork and collaboration with internal and external customers.
- A good understanding and experience of the Global Businesses and Global Functions within a Bank.
- A good understanding of the regulatory environment within the region and knowledge of third-party risk.
- Attention to detail and proactive awareness of internal and external policies.
- Experience of managing simple projects to time and quality.
- Have excellent communication, coaching and influencing skills with peers, subordinates, and suppliers
- Very Good command of English and French
- A good understanding of 1 or more Risk Domains is desirable (providing support and guidance to business functions);
Resilience Risk (Buildings, Business Continuity, Information & Cyber, Physical Security, Transaction Processing)
Financial Crime and Fraud Risk (Anti-Bribery & Corruption), Anti Money Laundering, Sanctions, Internal Fraud)
Financial Reporting and Tax Risk,
Regulatory Compliance Risk,
Strategic (Reputational) Risk,
What they offer
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Additional bonuses for recognition awards
- Multisport card
- Private medical care
- Life insurance
- One-time reimbursement of home office set-up (up to 800 PLN).
- Corporate parties & events
- CSR initiatives
- Nursery and kindergarten discounts
- Language classes
- Financial support with trainings and education
- Social fund
- Flexible working hours
- Free parking
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the TPRM Case Manager position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
Dotcommunity jest zarejestrowana w Rejestrze agencji zatrudnienia (KRAZ) pod numerem 9904.