The candidate will join one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Their global businesses serve more than 40 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 64 countries and territories.
About the project:
Our Client works in partnership with the Infrastructure Architecture Function to set the vision and roadmap for all technologies across Infrastructure Delivery and to deliver Service designs in support of business IT programmes.
The team securely stores and maintains the infrastructure services of our Client’s internal and external customer in accordance with compliance and standards. This includes technologies such as Mainframe, UNIX and Linux servers Windows and storage, backup recovery solutions as well as technologies such as Java application servers, databases hosting and messaging services.
They also run some important programmes, most notably, their Service Change Lifecycle Programme, will be delivering benefits in the way they work with you in the business to estimate, plan and deliver the work effectively.
What you will do:
- Database utilities/housekeeping (Copy, Reorg, Runstats, Unload, etc), scheduled and on demand.
- Performance and tuning (Enhance SQL statements access path to reduce execution time, suggesting SQL statements modification, creating/modifying indexes when necessary, suggesting table reorganization, etc.).
- Database objects space monitoring.
- Support/apply database physical object change requests by customers.
- Advise internal customers about database best practices (Objects definition, data manipulation, etc.).
- Work on alerts, incidents, problems and fulfilment requests.
- Pro-active monitoring the production environment.
- Support Db2 System Programmers checking Db2/Tools after upgrades/patches.
- Supporting DB2 zOS and DB2 LUW while being on on-call (training will be offered if needed).
What you need:
- Very good knowledge of DB2 z/OS on Mainframe.
- Very good knowledge of database maintenance tasks like backup/restore, performance tuning, corresponding client software connections, z/OS to LUW crossloads, JCL, ISPF, IWS Scheduler.
- Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken) – team is international.
- Knowledge/experience working with collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence).
- REXX, Broadcom CA Tools for utilities or Toad for database admin for DB2 on Mainframe.
- Knowledge on DB2 LUW on RedHat Linux systems.
- Knowledge of German language (spoken and written) would be a plus – part of a team is from Germany.
- Puppet, Ansible, Jira, Agile skill.
- Stable and interesting job in professional team with international exposure.
- Friendly and welcoming culture.
- Annual performance-based bonus.
- Access to professional training and professional qualifications.
- Medical care, life insurance, language classes, sports card and more.
- CSR initiatives.
- Corporate parties & events.
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply! 🙂
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the DB2 z/OS Database Specialist position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection).
Dotcommunity is registered in the Register of Employment Agencies (KRAZ) under the number 9904.