The candidate will join one of the largest banking institutions in the world.
Product Control assures management, shareholders and regulators that the global markets portfolio is correctly and consistently valued and accounted; advises on and quickly accommodates new business; all at a competitive cost. This enables shareholders to gain value from the integrity of their financial information, and supports Global Markets’ cost efficiency targets. Product Control is a key control function, part of Finance and independent of Front Office, responsible for ensuring the complete and accurate recording of Global Markets / Balance Sheet Management activities within the books and records of company, in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
Onshore Valuation Control responsibility:
- Review and Validation of offshore work including understanding any limitations of the standard process as it applies to their business and adjusting locally for those limitations
- Approval of the P&L before presentation to Front Office
- Ownership and accountability for delivery to, and relationship with, the local Front Office including daily desk head review meetings and delivery of consolidated Key Risk Indicator’s
Offshore Valuation Control responsibility:
- Running systems, where required, to produce the basic data for FVA’s and IPV
- Identification and resolving production exceptions where possible including stale data, untested positions
- Review and validation of the results involving comparison to Trader Prices or movements in risk positions. Complex issues would be expected to involve discussion with onshore Valuation Control.
- Upload of the results for review by onshore management.
- Preparation of a commentary. This should include an audit trail from the initial results to the final result with justification of any adjustments to enable onshore managerial review.
- Responding to onshore queries and incorporation of any onshore adjustments for which explanations should be received.
- Daily and other Key Risk Indicator production with comments from onshore management obtained as appropriate.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications :
- University graduate from a reputed institution in financial or economic subject or university graduate in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar.
- Prior experience in working within Financial Markets or a Treasury department
- Excellent written English and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of Financial Markets (products traded and their life cycle, accounting principles and valuation techniques)
- Excellent analytical skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ambitious, driven and enthusiastic
- Valuation/Analytics experience is strongly preferred
- Long-term job in one of the largest banking and financial services organization in the world
- Interesting path of career in an international organization
- Language / Studies Reimbursement Scheme
- Professional trainings
- An environment where you will be given space to take ownership and accountability for your work
- A Team of professionals that will help you develop & succeed
- Exposure on all company lines of business and markets
- Employees’ benefits: private medical and dental health care, Multisport Card, life insurance