About the project:
Our Clients team is positioned as a nearshore location for European countries, widely supported by the bigger offshore teams on deliveries. Team is helping to build, implement and maintain new initiatives and systems mainly for the internal employees in EU region. They are building new internal solutions and enabling local businesses to strive and meet not only regulatory demands but also their growth agenda. Being located in Technology Centre is a strong enabler for EU region as team is playing role of a bridge between in-country IT teams and other technology teams within our Client. Their products cover multiple aspects and areas – digital signature, workflow, content management, process streamlining and automation. All this is achieved with high level of autonomy and ability to choose their path and technology direction they would like to implement in the EU countries. They are seeking new team members who would help to guide and lead the delivery teams, help them to evolve technologically and bring new technologies and technical capabilities to the stakeholders and EU business.
They are looking for a Software Engineer to help their agile software development team build & deliver simplification/automation solutions across the region. Software Engineer is responsible not only for technical excellence, driving deliveries of multiple strategic initiatives, ensuring smooth technical implementation but also for commercializing our solutions, increasing our visibility across the bank & building strong and long-term relationship with Business partners.
Technical purpose of the job is a full stack development of Java based solutions. Job duties include software development & automated tests, discussing specifications with the business in Agile environment and providing support when necessary. The team works in an international environment supporting 20 countries in European time zone. Software Engineer participates in the entire project life cycle starting from inception till transition. Very strong emphasis on quality with TDD/ATDD and continuous integration/continuous deployment is already put in place.
- Developer is accountable for successful delivery of Technology projects by Java Team:
- Analyze and propose solutions based on business requirements,
- Efficiently translate these requirements into working software,
- Demo the solution to the business and incorporate feedback,
- Amend and produce specifications/documentation as required,
- Investigate live system faults, diagnose problems, propose and provide solutions,
- Complete projects in a timely manner.
Optional – PostgreSQL, GCP, AWS
Skills and Experience require:
- University or Technical College graduate (preferable in IT) followed by at least 3 years of programming experience
- Good knowledge of & working experience with (order as per priority):
- Java, J2EE
- Application Servers (Websphere Application Server\Liberty)
- Databases (PLSQL, MS SQL Server 2012 or higher)
- Spring Framework, Hibernate, JSF, JSP.
- Maven or other build/packaging frameworks.
- Clean Code Principles, Design patterns.
- TDD/ATDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
- Micro-services based architecture
- Good English language communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and adaptable to change
- Curiosity and learning capabilities, ability to absorb new technologies & procedures quickly
- Self organized and have good business communication experience
- Ability to work in a team of diversified international environment
- Ability to work efficiently and independently under pressure
Nice to have:
- Cloud knowledge & experience (GCP or AWS) would be a big plus
- Knowledge of how banks work and operate would be a plus
- Experience in a corporate world is a significant plus
The Client offers:
- Stable job in professional team
- International environment and work in one of the biggest global financial institutions.
- Work with modern technologies and in agile environment.
- Flexible working hours & remote work
- Competitive salary & benefits package (Private health care, insurance, multisport)
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Software Engineer Java position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).