The candidate will join one of the largest banking institutions in the world.
The Third Party Risk Manager works with the Third Party Risk Officer in the Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) team.
The role provides risk management support, subject matter expertise and direction for Third Party Risk related activities and issues in conjunction with the Third Party Risk Officer.
The TPR Manager will ensure that risk management activities are completed to support the implementation of the Group Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) Policy and Framework.
The TPR Manager executes the Technology Third Party Risk Governance strategy to ensure coordinated, consistent, effective and complete adoption of the Technology execution plan for Group TPRM Policy and Framework in their remit.
Advise and Guide Third Party Engagement Managers & Risk Owners by establishing thresholds to identify materiality of Risk or Regulatory importance.
Works with the Banks’ Business Continuity & Incident Management Team (BCIM), representing Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) team, to ensure that each area of the department’s Functions’ has robust, tested plans in place to enable the business to continue operating in the event of a major incident (relating to our people, building, IT Services and Critical Suppliers).
Key Accountabilities – Impact on Business
- Support the Global TPRO by acting as a point of contact / interface/ champion for TPRM related matters
- Review and monitor Third Party Risk related issues across all entities
- Providing advice and guidance to Third Party Engagement Managers and Risk Owners and Accountable Executives
- Escalation through a reporting line where the decision/issue is of significant materiality or regulatory importance
- Escalation of cross risk/cross business impacts where agreement cannot be reached to Global Third Party Risk Office
- Responding to analysis, MI and reporting produced by the Global Third Party Utility team
- Ensure Business Continuity Plans are appropriately exercised, tested and facilities, tools, invocation plans and recovery site agreements are robust and maintained
Customers / Stakeholders
The role will involve frequent liaison with a large range of stakeholders including:
Operations Executives and Regional Forums
Senior Management and Operational Risk Senior Stakeholder
Internal Audit and External Auditors / Local regulators liaison / engagement
Risk Domains and Risk Stewards
Leadership & Teamwork
Act as the management interface between department and the Global Third Party Risk Utility
Influence stakeholders with the Risk Owners and Engagement Managers within the business to support an environment of robust, pro-active and risk aware business operation
Building strong working relationships
Work closely with Group TPRM model to align the practices and governance structures to share / absorb best practices
Maintain transparent communication channels with all relevant stakeholders
Provide support and guidance to the business area in all matters relating to Business Continuity and Incident Management, ensuring all people involved in Business Continuity and related Incident Management processes are fully aware of their roles and responsibilities.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
Actively track and manage the ongoing utilization of risk capturing tools and utilities e.g., Archer is rolled out
Embedding and overseeing the TP Risk procedures and assuring adherence to policies and processes across the Risk Owners.
Engaging with the Third Party Engagement Managers and Risk Owners within the entities to promote consistency and alignment and holistic Third Party risk reporting.
Feed into the TPRO any Business’s exposure to Third Party Risk in order for them to report into the Technology and Third Party Governance forums on the nature, level of risk and the effectiveness of the arrangement to control the risk, keeping the exposure within appetite.
Performing periodic conformance reviews to ensure:
– Assessment processes are being performed to a satisfactory and consistent quality
– Key issues/incidents are being reported and remediated in a timely and satisfactory manner
Where BCM activity is non-compliant a ‘Path To Green’ strategy is in place and shared with BCIM
The role will require the jobholder to:
Embed and optimize the capabilities of the new TPRM Utility by extensively reviewing and improving existing processes.
Proactively work with Technology and the regional / entity management / HOST to ensure alignment of appreciation, understanding and governance of TPRM
Ensure buy-in and support of all stakeholders the overall TPRM objectives by maintaining high credibility.
Work closely with the Global TPRO to calibrate and ensure adherence to associated policies, methodologies and processes across Technology.
The job holder will need to possess outstanding people management skills to develop a close and ongoing working relationship with the senior managers involved. The nature of the role requires highly effective analytical, coordination and influencing skills.
Operating in a highly competitive environment, leverages various Suppliers and other third party engagements to provide efficient distribution channels.
With presence in multiple countries and over a thousand third party business engagements, TPRM for a critical function that is responsible for managing day to day risk presented by these operations.
In an increasingly governed and regulated environment the ability to provide assurance that all the models are being deployed in countries to an agreed standard is paramount.
Role impacts services delivered to key business lines, who in turn impact our client’s Technology as a whole.
Observation of Internal Controls
To maintain our client’s internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulator.
- Extensive management background preferably with good understanding of Technology,
- Over 10 years’ experience at a management level,
- Strong communication and presentation skills required; with excellent planning, organizing, influencing and commercial skills,
- Highly effective in working with all levels of management and staff and in a matrix environment; adapts well to multi-culturally diverse work environments; ability to manage resources in the most effective way to achieve cost/service levels,
- Strong Relationship management and risk management skills.