About the project
DataVisa is the global tool for undertaking some of mandatory data privacy controls, including Internal and External Data Transfer, Privacy Impact Assessment and Records of Processing. The DataVisa Operations team is responsible for the day to day operational management of the tool including ensuring business users understand how to use the tool and cases are input correctly as well as conducting Privacy Impact Assessments on behalf of the Chief Data Offices.
For our client we are currently seeking an experienced individual to join the DataVisa Operations team within Group Data Privacy Management in the role of Data Governance Manager to manage the DataVisa Operations team based out of Krakow. The role holder will work as part of the centralized utility which will help deliver faster, simpler and more efficient results, helping avoid duplication of work across GBGFs and reduce time to market for business sponsored programs, helping in reducing the risk of breach of customer data and other data privacy risks, driving adherence to the Global Data Management Policies across the company, and ultimately increasing customer trust and value of customer data to the organization.
- Managing a team of Data Governance Managers and Analysts based out of Krakow who are responsible for operation of Data Privacy controls across 67 markets and multiple Global Business/Global Functions
- Drive team productivity, development and resilience, within a supportive structure of effective everyday performance mgmt. Accountability for aligning team based in Krakow with the wider DataVisa Operations team purpose, vision, strategy, agenda & prioritisation of workload.
- Anticipate demand and needs from different customers and stakeholders and proactively plan for solution
- Facilitate and demonstrate cooperation, collaboration and communication on a local, functional and regional level in order to influence and engage stakeholders in working towards a mutually beneficial goal
- Deliver change that drives efficiency and productivity gains considering Company, Colleague and Customer impct.
- Create an inclusive environment, enabling colleague growth & empowerment, embedding a ‘speak up’ culture for people
- Drives accuracy and governance within an effective risk framework
- Growing awareness and knowledge of the data privacy and other changing laws nd regulations within the remit of the company operations
- Act as a subject matter expert on data privacy and protection law across the globe, working collaboratively with Legal Data Privacy and Regulatory Compliance to communicate on data risk policies
- Develop and administer guidance, training and educational materials
- Identify areas of improvement in local practices relative to managing data privacy
- Support the development and delivery of data privacy and protection controls based on data policies that assure the compliant use of data and information across the global business requirements
- Remain up to date with the requirements of legislation and conduct necessary gap analysis processes to identify and help build remedial work programs and highlight ongoing program risks. Work with stakeholders to plan future data privacy needs and adhere to the global scope
Skills & experience
- Previous experience of creating, leading and motivating a team
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Privacy law (e.g. CCPA, GDPR, ICO, CNIL regulations)
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask and quickly apply new concepts to accomplish assignments
- Show ability to manage multiple stakeholders, strong business partners and understand complex concepts quicky
- Ability to identify and mitigate data risks with the ability to understand materiality of data risks and prioritize / differentiate response accordingly
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues clearly, bridge between different stakeholders, especially, business, IT and legal
- Self-motivated with ability to think, and act, independently and work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities
- Proven track record of taking ownership / responsibility for work and be comfortable working independently
- Delegates effectively whilst taking full accountability of outputs
- Influences & critiques business change & business decisions/processes, challenges the business to deliver improved outcomes.
- Must be a good communicator, verbal and written English
Optional/nice to have
- Preferably have worked in an Organization’s Privacy office or with Data Privacy officers.
Our Client offers:
- Stable job in professional team
- International environment and work in one of the biggest global financial institutions.
- Work with modern technologies and in agile environment.
- Competitive salary & benefits package (Private health care, insurance, multisport)
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Data Governance Manager on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”