Our client is the world’s largest online community, uniting students, parents and teachers in solving their academic problems and exchanging knowledge. Every month they are proud to be home for 350 million users. Besides delivering world class educational products they’re a technology company at heart. They want to be the best educational platform in the world. Their knowledge base consists of hundreds of millions of Q&A contents in more than 12 languages and covering a broad spectrum of educational subjects at different grades.
We are looking for a person who will be responsible for the part of Design System related to product development and the effective day-to-day people and project management.
Covering the Design System Team needs and cooperating closely with Design System leaders – Sr. Manager, Lead IxD Product Designer and UI Engineering Lead to enhance their design system and satisfy the requirements of the business. Manager, Design System will manage Design System process and staff to ensure effective goal definition and it’s achievement, making sure that appropriate resources are assigned, reporting progress and constraints. Work with internal stakeholders to identify, track and realise the benefits associated with the successful implementation and development of the our Design System.
The Manager, Design System will dive deep into our Design System processes and team and become its spokesperson to maintain the best level of collaboration, communication and project delivery.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Identify and define strategic initiatives and opportunities related to Design System area, roadmap and goals definition for the assigned part of our client Design System in close collaboration with the Senior Manager, Design System.
- Be responsible for ensuring that Team OKRs are achieved effectively and timely.
- Manage and coach the Design System Team daily
- Prioritization of efforts and lead the collaborative planning process with team members
- Maintain 1:1 and professional development programs as well as salary reviews and related processes for team members
- Collaborate with UI Engineering Lead, Lead IxD Product Designer and Sr. Manager, Design System on backlog grooming as well as greenlighting projects
- Manage team deliverables in all aspects (cost analysis, risk assessment, schedule, execution, delivery, reporting)
- Collaborate with the Sr. Manager, Design System, Lead IxD Product Designer, UI Engineering Lead and DesignOps Manager to align and optimise the daily processes.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE?
- At least 3 years of professional experience as Team Leader or People Manager
- At least 6 years of experience of work in an iterative software development environment
- Experience managing both designers and engineers
- Ability to take the ownership and accountability of assigned Design System Team and its projects
- Performance-focused and results-driven
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
- A coaching approach to people management.
- Honesty, reliability, self-motivation and high level of integrity
- Ability to cooperate with management and senior stakeholders
- An effective leader, capable of motivating the team to perform their best
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Academic degree in the field of design, engineering or related background
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience in working for educational platforms
- Ability to share knowledge through workshops and presentations
- Experience in working with Design Systems
- Ability to define and manage design efforts related to area of expertise including operationalization of Design System outcomes
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with Figma
- Experience in working on products with large user-base
- Good coaching skills
- Outstanding negotiation skills
Some of their benefits (slightly varies depending on the location):
- Flexible working hours
- SALARY: 19 000- 24 000 PLN gross/monthly
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental health Helpline – providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services – personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Manager – Design System position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”