ABOUT THE PROJECT
We are looking for skilled individuals for the Production Engineering Team (Payments IT department). Team is responsible for technical operations of global Payments Execution, Messaging & Orchestration and Sanctions & Investigation services. Based on Site Reliability Engineering disciplines, the team work in mission critical environment across a breadth of technologies from vendor products to in-house developed micro services.
With ever increasing real-time demands of our customers our key business drivers are the availability of our platform and the stability of service.
This recruitment relates to POL – Payment Orchestration Layer. The POL provides a single payment integration platform based on cloud native micro-service architecture, removing over 600 point-to-point connections.
POL’s highly reusable and independent micro services accept payments from initiators and perform orchestration functions (such as validation, translation, fraud check, sanction check, etc.) before forwarding to the correct processing platform / gateway. POL sits in the middle of payment initiators and processors, so every payment initiated (as part of the strategic architecture) will go through POL, making it a critical Tier 0 service with 24/7 availability requirements.
This offer is aimed at people who are eager to work in dynamic team supporting complex application environments and to use progressive technology.
- Providing full scope of the day to day Production Support service including resolution of the live incidents as well as post-resolution problem management activities,
- Providing technical expertise in finding root cause of major system problems,
- Building and maintaining distributed containerised platforms in production
- Installation of new software releases provided by the vendor,
- Implementation of the locally developed solutions
- Support of the various testing activities related to the new implementations,
- Working closely with various stakeholders located in different places in the world,
- Reviewing, designing and re-engineering processes with new technologies to improve performance,
- Designing and driving the implementation of service offerings, capability uplifts and process improvements,
- Evaluating, developing and applying appropriate tools to analyse the architecture,
- Participate in validating data, development, implementation, testing activities,
- Perform data analysis of key problem areas to assist in root cause analysis and data reconciliations to identify data anomalies,
- Contributing productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE REQUIRE
- Fluency in English,
- CICD: Hands-on experience of enabling technologies, principles, and practices of Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment (Jenkins, Bamboo, Circle CI or equivalent),
- Hands-on experience of platform and systems architecture – modular monoliths, SOA/micro-services, including enabling tools and technologies (Spring Cloud, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, CloudFoundry, etc.); how to build cloud native applications from scratch and tackling monolithic system estates through the introduction of API’s, micro services and gateways,
- Cloud Native Technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Istio Service Mesh,
- JVM tuning and diagnostic for application troubleshooting and performance-optimization,
- Traditional Technologies: Bash/Shell, Groovy or Java, Unix/Linux, Jenkins, GitHub,
- Distributed system design like micro services, Springboot,
- Cloud infrastructure/services (particularly Google Cloud Platform),
- Understanding of messaging Technologies and Caches,
- Strong understanding of technology layers in application landscape, storage, OS, network, database, application,
- Demonstrable, excellent, spoken & written communication skills across global organization,
- Proven triage capability under pressure, able to make strong priority judgement at runtime balancing contending demands,
- Technically inquisitive with progressive interest in modern engineering disciplines and techniques,
- Understanding of customers’ needs and delivering excellent customer service,
- Making prompt and practical business decision, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes,
- Experience in Agile/ DevOps environment and in assisting in production support.
OPTIONAL/NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in Payments is an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
- Be part of dynamic IT environment
- Parking few minutes away from the office,
- Relax room (with massage chairs and area for yoga/stretch)
- On-site medical consultations in the office,
- Childcare policy,
- Bicycle racks in the underground garage and around the office; showers dedicated to cyclists,
- Game room (with Xbox, PS consoles and foosball table),
- Private health care (different options – from basic to VIP), employees’ benefits: private life insurance, multisport,
- Work and Learn from teams with mature process and tools to ensure the best in class deliverables,
- Casual dress code.
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Production Support Senior Specialist on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”