Who they are
You shouldn’t have to go to the mailbox to get your mail. The Company helps thousands of people and businesses manage their postal mail online. Their members can securely access their mail 24/7, on any device.
Established in 2004, The Company has helped digitize millions of pieces of mail that would have otherwise cluttered offices, littered homes, and filled landfills. Instead, your important mail turns into secure, searchable PDFs. Customers deposit checks, pay bills, and share documents online-all without ever touching an envelope.
The Company is based in San Antonio, Texas, with offices in Beaverton, Oregon, New York City, New York, and Krakow, Poland, as well as remote team members across the United States. Together, they’re focused on making lives easier for all their customers.
As part of the team, they empower team to make courageous decisions to serve their customers. You’ll be a builder who maintains high standards and embraces big ideas.
YOU ARE a Software Development Manager, reporting directly to their VP of Engineering. You have a strategic focus yet retain an effective level of hands-on management. You have a strong software engineering background, with an interest towards optimization, machine learning and data streaming technologies. You demonstrate bias for action to get the right things done and engage thoughtfully with customers and stakeholders to understand their needs. You show excellent judgment in establishing priorities, and can successfully manage implementation in an agile environment. They move fast and work closely together on small teams to solve big problems.You lead so that your engineers are able to execute independently. You provide context and visibility into the reasons behind decisions made. You stay abreast of relevant development and innovation occurring both inside and outside the company and use that knowledge to inspire big ideas. You trust your team to innovate and deliver, verifying that they are achieving intended outcomes. You develop closed-loop mechanisms that enable you to quickly identify when projects are at risk and then act decisively to get them back on track. You ask the hard questions (Q. Where do they bottleneck the business? Should this software continue to exist?). You are able to decompose complex problems into straight-forward solutions. You consistently bring strong, data-driven business, and technical judgment to decisions. You recognize when designs/solutions require technical guidance from Principal Engineers. You help make trade-offs and overcome difficult obstacles. You escalate appropriately, communicating any serious risks to your management and senior stakeholders. Positive or negative, you own the results. You visibly recognize success by giving credit to engineers, managers, TPM/PMs, and any others who contributed,
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of Software Development Engineers to build and run the Core Platform for ECM
- Craft the vision and drive the roadmap for your team, thinking big about how data can be leveraged to improve how Core Platform offers services power to customers
- Attract and grow hire-performing engineers for your team
- Mentor and coach your team members and foster an inclusive engineering culture
- Maintain a high-level of operational excellence
- Lead and refine the team’s agile software development process
- Set the high-level vision and long-term direction
- Lead projects to improve engineering, test and operational excellence best practices on the team to reduce churn on implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years’ professional software development experience
- 7+ years in a leadership role including experience leading a software engineering team, setting priorities and plans to meet business goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to understand an ambiguous problem domain and deliver robust and maintainable solutions to customers
- Proven ability to hire and grow a team of high-performing engineers
- Proven ability to maintain high quality and operational excellence
- Experience leading and working in an agile development environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable office in the City Center with non-corporate, engaging, collaborative atmosphere
- Flexibility in choosing the type of contract
- Paid holiday (26 days for B2B)
- Development fund of 3k PLN per year per head
- Private healthcare (full Luxmed package including dental care)
- Sports card (Multisport)
- Free English classes onsite
- Team building and socializing events
- Competitive salary
- Great coffee
- Udemy access etc.