Software design, java development, automated testing of new and existing components in an Agile, DevOps and dynamic environment
Promoting development standards, code reviews, mentoring, knowledge sharing
Product and feature design, scrum story writing
Data Engineering and Management
Product support & troubleshooting
Implement the tools and processes, handling performance, scale, availability, accuracy and monitoring
Liaison with BAs to ensure that requirements are correctly interpreted and implemented. Liaison with Testers to ensure that they understand how requirements have been implemented – so that they can be effectively tested.
Participation in regular planning and status meetings. Input to the development process – through the involvement in Sprint reviews and retrospectives. Input into system architecture and design.
Peer code reviews.
3rd line support.
A good understanding of the control requirement surrounding data handling will be advantageous in this role
Assess the operational risks as part of the analysis and implementation planning and execution in conjunction with business heads
Maintains company’s internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Experienced in Java, Scala and/or Python, Unix/Linux environment on-premises and in the cloud
- Java development and design using Java 1.7/1.8. Advanced understanding of core features of Java and when to use them
- Experience with most of the following technologies (Apache Hadoop, Scala, Apache Spark, Spark streaming, YARN, Kafka, Hive, HBase, Presto, Python, ETL frameworks, MapReduce, SQL, RESTful services).
- Sound knowledge on working Unix/Linux Platform
- Hands-on experience building data pipelines using Hadoop components Sqoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, Spark SQL.
- Must have experience with developing Hive QL, UDF’s for analysing semi structured/structured datasets
- Experience with time-series/analytics db’s such as Elasticsearch
- Experience with industry standard version control tools (Git, GitHub), automated deployment tools (Ansible & Jenkins) and requirement management in JIRA
- Exposure to Agile Project methodology but also with exposure to other methodologies (such as Kanban)
- Understanding of big data modelling techniques using relational and non-relational techniques
- Coordination between Onsite and Offshore
- Experience on Debugging the Code issues and then publishing the highlighted differences to the development team/Architects;
- Understanding or experience of Cloud design patterns
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the confidence to positively influence and challenge supportively and effectively where appropriate.
- Ability to direct and lead the work of other technical staff
- Google Technologies and Big Data
- Forward thinking, independent, creative, and self-sufficient; who can work with less documentation, has exposure testing complex multi-tiered integrated applications. Ability to work with minimal supervision on own initiative and on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and decision making skills
- Strong team-working skills, working in global teams across multiple time zones
- Good knowledge on Data warehouse concepts and
- Basic knowledge on scheduling tools.
- Knowledge on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and Methodologies like DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, and Iterative process
- Willingness to learn and quick to adapt to changing requirements
- Identify project issues, communicate them and assist in their resolution.
- Assist in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing project team methodology and performance.
- Cooperative team focused attitude;
- Needs to be a Self-starter, proactive.
- 2+ years in team leading role
- Professional software development experience within data environment/s
- Programming experience in Java, Scala, and Spark.
- Proficient in SQL and relational database design.
- Elastic Search experience (Elastic/Logstash/Kibana etc)
- Agile and DevOps experience – at least 2+ years
- Project planning.
- Google Cloud Platform, or other cloud vendor
- Customers / Stakeholders:
- Wholesale, Global Markets, CMB and Global Banking business lines
- Global and Regional Heads of business
- Distribution Platforms IT
- Internal clients to facilitate effective change and ensure expectations are effectively managed
- Leadership & Teamwork:
- Work closely with all teams (including virtual teams based in non UK locations), creating a strong culture of transparency and collaboration
- Lead Full Stack Engineers must be able to lead the engineering team to set the standards of best practice and mentor throughout the deliveries.
- Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with the client company and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report concerns or observations in terms of control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational risk impact.
- Ensure all due diligence is performed to prevent adverse impact to business operations
- Maintain RAID log for allocated projects, and ensure that these are fed into the programme effectively
- Integrating with an established, complex Multitenant Hadoop based project working to tight deadline
- Refactoring the current technology stack and architecture from on premise Hadoop, to Google Cloud Platform
- Working with globally dispersed and diversifies team.
- Supporting specific source on-boarding activities in line with project delivery timelines
sharing the costs of sports activities
private medical care
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
remote work opportunities
flexible working time
corporate sports team
doctor’s duty hours in the office
retirement pension plan
no dress code
video games at work
coffee / tea
parking space for employees
extra social benefits
employee referral program
opportunity to obtain permits and licenses
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Lead Software Engineer position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”