Our client is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Their global businesses serve more than 40 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 64 countries and territories.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Compliance Account Risk Lead Solution Architect has responsibility for leading, defining, maintaining and owning solution architectures for the Customer Due Diligence domain within wider Compliance IT. The job holder leads the shaping, design and development of architectures, which are aligned with group standards, IT and business strategy, meet business objectives and satisfy all relevant regulatory and operational risk controls. The Compliance Account Risk Lead Solution Architect will actively participate in the architecture practice across the wider Compliance Technology Architecture team. The role owner must also ensure that the target architecture is implemented consistently by the respective CDD DevOps teams.
Their Compliance Account Risk team is responsible to deliver on strategies to improve the effectiveness and efficiencies of their financial crime risks controls.
The job holder will work with the CDD IT and Business teams along with IT colleagues in business and functional teams to design, agree and support the delivery of a range of projects.
As part of the Architecture Team, the job holder will also ensure that architectural direction is consistent with Architecture strategy through constant and effective engagement with architecture colleagues.
The role will report to the Global Head of CDD Architecture & will be expected to build strong links to the overall CAR IT architecture team to drive the Compliance strategy.
Specifically, this role will be working across all lines of business as they look to deliver CDD as a service in a way that supports all of them.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Instrumental in the delivery of solution architectures, driving transformation, in alignment to company’s architecture standards
- Acts as a subject matter expert, contributes to the development of group standards and identifies and implements new practices, processes and technologies where required.
- Ensures that non-functional requirements are clearly understood, rationale for holistic design & its components are provided, designs are peer reviewed and endorsed by the appropriate governance bodies.
- Introduce new techniques, products, services, technologies and standards where needed against identified usecases, via the appropriate governance bodies.
- Provide expert-level understanding of appropriate group business systems, their associated requirements and technology usage.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and advise IT and the business about potential benefits/impacts.
- Provide a consultancy role to IT and business teams where appropriate.
- Where appropriate, provide full architectural life cycle guidance to business and IT teams and ensure quality technical deliverables.
- Instrumental in the shaping and refining of the portfolio of work for their area of Compliance IT
Customers / Stakeholders
- Business Focus – works with the Business transformation teams, to understand current and target state applications, processes and operating models to effectively establish pain points and opportunities for improvement and Straight Through processing
- Customer focus – improves customer experience and hence service, effectively engages customers, colleagues and stakeholders to build a trust-based relationship and deliver a connected service. Keeps up to date with the strategy and external trends, using the information to enhance customer service.
- Strengthening stakeholder relationships, builds relationships. Uses organisational knowledge and contacts to help stakeholders like Business leaders, IT Managers & Architects, IT Domain Leads maximise networking opportunities, uses relationship management skills/tools to responsibly influence decisions and stakeholder advocacy.
- Deliver fair outcomes for their customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Leading the solution architecture delivery within the remit of the assigned portfolio
- Actively promote the benefits of architecture, accepted best practice techniques, standards and tools to other areas of the group and external suppliers where necessary.
- Ensure that the highest level of quality is provided for all activities and products.
- Mentor and coach less experienced members of staff and promotes an understanding of the value of architecture and of use of technologies and standards in their domain across IT.
- Be a prominent member within the global architecture community.
- Build strong relationships with engineering and operations teams aligned to the relevant area, particularly the designers within these teams.
- Responsible for particpating and assuring the operation of the global practice of architecture within the relevant area.
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Perform architecture reviews on aligned global systems and ensure both appropriate peer review and governance body endorsement is obtained.
- Ensure that any new technology products are taken through the appropriate governance mechanisms.
- Ensure that all existing/new service patterns/deployments guides are taken through the appropriate governance mechanisms.
- Adhere to evergreening priorities for global business/global functions.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars) and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the group’s standards of ethical behaviour.
- Budget control: This role will have no budget responsibility.
- Commercial Influence: This role will have influence over the total technology budget within the Client Account Risk portfolio with specific interst in the CDD domain.
- Line management: This job will not have line management responsibility.
- Functional management: This job will not have functional management responsibility.
- Relationships: Business Change leads, Managers & Architects; IT Domain Leads; Information Security Risk Managers.
- Strategic importance – Medium: Influential in the continued development of change portfolio and architecture strategy & standards.
- Regulatory & risk – C/D – Identifies risks against defined architecture standards, drives implementation in architecture design & promotes good practice.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE THEY REQUIRE
- At least 7 years commercial Solution Architecture experience (preferable in banking)
- Hands on experience of IT solutions for Customer Due Diligence / KYC
- Strong design experience in event based solution design patterns using Kafka or Redis for example
- Strong design experience in service based solution patterns utilizing micro-services and APIs deployed on cloud (GCP/AWS), utilising products such as SpringBoot, containerization (Docker) & orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Experience migrating legacy applications to event and/or service based architectures.
- End to end Operations processing experience highly beneficial (Esp. CDD Operations as noted above)
- Strong written and verbal communication (examples of solution design work would be helpful)
- Strong presentation skills and evidence of collaborative working with senior IT specialists and business stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Ability to work independently and adapting to changing priorities and challenges
- Transformation experience in Automation, Workflow, Integration and RPA experience beneficial
WHAT THEY OFFER
- Long-term job in one of the largest banking and financial services organization in the world
- Interesting path of career in an international organization
- Language / Studies Reimbursement Scheme
- Professional trainings
- An environment where you will be given space to take ownership and accountability for your work
- A Team of professionals that will help you develop & succeed
- Exposure on all lines of business and markets
- Employees’ benefits: private medical and dental health care, Multisport Card, life insurance
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Solution Architect position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”
Dotcommunity jest zarejestrowana w Rejestrze agencji zatrudnienia (KRAZ) pod numerem 9904.