You will join one of the largest bank in the world.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Cybersecurity Incident Management and Response Team is charged with efficiently and effectively handling all information and cybersecurity incidents across the Group on a 24×7 basis. This mission is critical to the protection of customers, the brand, shareholder value as well as information and financial assets.
The Incident Management and Response function is further organised into two primary missions:
– Incident Management: The coordination and orchestration of technical response activities across the globe, the timely and effective communication of the aforementioned to Global Business and Function stakeholders, Senior Executive Leadership and regulatory bodies.
– Incident Response: Conducting technical and forensic investigations into matters raised through alerts, intelligence, testing activities and end user reports that lead to a coordinated effort to effectively contain, mitigate and remediate active and potential attacks.
- Leading the response to major cyber security incidents across the globe, taking responsibility for the timely mitigation of cyber-threats and where possible, minimizing further risk to company’s information assets and services.
- Coordinating the actions of multiple business units during the response to cyber security incidents.
- Providing timely and relevant updates to appropriate stakeholders and decision makers during cyber security incidents.
- Managing the completion of post-incident reviews, assessing the effectiveness of controls, detection and response capability and supporting the required improvements with the responsible owners.
- Cultivating close working relationships with regional Cybersecurity leads, Business Information Risk Officers (BIROs) and Risk Managers whose support and knowledge are vital in delivering the remediation of security incidents
- Maintaining a strong awareness of technology trends and industry best practice, to enable the provision of informed advice and guidance to HSBC Business functions and IT.
- Developing, defining, validating and maintaining detailed processes and procedures to allow the consistent management of the response to cyber security incidents.
- Directly contributing to the continued technical enhancement of the security platforms.
- Leading the continued evolution of incident management and response capabilities and processes, including automation and orchestration.
- Training, development and mentoring of other members of the Incident Management and Response team, as well as other members of the Global Cybersecurity Operations function.
- Supporting a “self-critical” culture whereby identification of weaknesses in the bank’s control plane (people, process and technology) are brought to light in an effective manner and addressed.
- Supporting a culture of individual self-improvement whereby staff are expected to maintain subject matter expertise within their area of focus and within the realm of cybersecurity more broadly.
- Supporting engagement of Global Businesses and Functions everywhere the company does business that drives a global up-lift in cybersecurity awareness helping to “tell the story” of the Cybersecurity efforts.
- Production of Management Information related to the CSIRT mission that is appropriate to the target audience, supported by data and experienced analysis enabling informed decisions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE THEY REQUIRE
- 5+ years of experience in a senior incident management role.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in incident response tools, techniques and process for effective threat containment, mitigation and remediation.
- Good knowledge and demonstrated experience of common cybersecurity technologies such as; IDS / IPS / HIPS, Advanced Anti-malware prevention and analysis, Firewalls, Proxies, MSS, etc.
- Good knowledge of common network protocols such as TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, IPSEC, HTTP, etc. and network protocol analysis suits.
- Good knowledge of common enterprise technology infrastructure, platforms, middleware, databases, applications and tooling, including; Windows, Linux, infrastructure management and networking hardware.
- Good knowledge and demonstrated experience in analysis and dissection of advanced attacker tactics, techniques and procedures in order to inform adjustments to the control plane.
- Good knowledge and technical experience of 3rd party cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure and Google.
- An understanding of business needs and commitment to delivering high-quality, prompt and efficient service to the business.
- An understanding of organisational mission, values and goals and consistent application of this knowledge.
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one.
- An ability to perform independent analysis of complex problems and distill relevant findings and root causes.
- An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understood, authoritative and actionable manner.
- A team-focused mentality with the proven ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and possession of a high sense of urgency and personal integrity.
- Highest ethical standards and values.
- Excellent understanding of cyber security principles, global financial services business models, regional compliance regulations and applicable laws.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of common industry cyber security frameworks, standards and methodologies, including; OWASP, ISO2700x series, PCI DSS, GLBA, EU data security and privacy acts, FFIEC guidelines, CIS and NIST standards.
- Experience of 3rd party/peer/regulatory/governmental information sharing and disclosure platforms and/or processes.
- Proven ability and experience of working in a high-pressure, fast paced environment where bold, time critical decision making is essential.
- Proven experience in crisis management, crisis response frameworks and communications.
- Ability to orchestrate, manage and successfully implement major procedural and technological change within a complex, global organisation.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English, in addition to your local language.
NICE TO HAVE
- Extensive experience within an enterprise scale organisation; including hands-on experience of complex data centre environments, preferably in the finance or similarly regulated sector.
- Industry recognised cyber security related certifications including; SANS GSEC, GCIH and/or CISSP.
- Formal education and advanced degree in Information Security, Cyber-security, Computer Science or similar and/or commensurate demonstrated work experience in the same.
WHAT THEY OFFER
- Stable job in professional team,
- Interesting path of career in an international organization,
- Consistent scope of responsibilities,
- Private health care, employees’ benefits
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Incident Management Lead position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”
Dotcommunity jest zarejestrowana w Rejestrze agencji zatrudnienia (KRAZ) pod numerem 9904.