You will join the world’s largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents, and teachers.
Design System Team is looking for a creative and experienced engineer to join their team of pioneers exploring an area that is still a novelty to some. Their work to close the gap between design and development resulted in inventing Html-Sketchapp. This open-source bridge between worlds was the first tool that turns HTML nodes into Sketch layers or symbols. That was a revolution in cross-team communication and cooperation. A revolution that turned out to be so effective that it spread to dev teams all over the world [1, 2, 3] , including those of Microsoft, Yelp, and Seek that used our tool or make new solutions using it.
They are working on some of the most complex technical challenges in the ed-tech space and creating the product for over 350 million students around the world. They focus on building the infrastructure and features that enable their users to ask and answer millions of questions every day.
Senior Software Engineer on their team will help them move this legacy to the next level by participating in the creation of UI framework, toolings, components, and best practices guidelines. Thanks to your effort their frontend engineers and designers will be more productive. Your work will also benefit the users of the biggest educational platform in the world. They believe in the growing industry by sharing knowledge and open source projects, so there is a strong chance your work will benefit not only the company but other teams worldwide, thus Design System tools are still a niche. You will work with performance, maintainability, accessibility, and stability as the primary focus.
To sum it up, they are looking for someone who has the drive to improve stuff, cares about user experience, and loves creating tools. Please let us know if that’s you!
- Participating in the development of the solutions which empower engineers across the company to build responsive, accessible, and satisfying experiences with minimal effort.
- Contributing to standards, conventions, and best-practices guidelines for UI code that is used company-wide.
- Building reusable, accessible UI components and libraries.
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and Core Web Vitals improvements.
- Continuously improving the front-end/design framework.
- Development and maintenance of tools to bridge Design and Front End.
- Making a positive impact on our engineering culture, encouraging knowledge-sharing, and driving technical discussions within and outside the team and the company.
- Challenging existing practices by being eager to discuss your thoughts with the professional community.
- Conducting code reviews, contributing high-quality documentation.
THEY EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- Advanced experience in HTML and modern CSS.
- Experience in solving cross-browser/platform UI compatibility issues.
- Experience in building UI components libraries.
- Experience in web page performance optimization.
- Experience in CSS Flexbox Layout.
- Great knowledge of modern CSS methodology (i.e. BEM).
- Experience in Responsive Web Design.
- Knowledge of best practices in Web and Mobile Web development.
- Fluency in English
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience in CSS Grid Layout.
- Experience in UI animations and CSS performance optimization.
- Understanding of best practices and standards for Web Accessibility.
- Experience in mobile-first approach in Responsive Web Design.
- Experience in developing design systems.
- Ability to research, brainstorm, prototype, and create new technological solutions.
- High level of self-organization, ability to make your own decisions.
- Team Player attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
THEIR STACK , THAT YOU’LL BE WORKING WITH:
- Modern CSS.
- Pre & Post CSS processors.
- Jest, react-testing-library, Enzyme, and Puppeteer.
- Webpack, Babel, Prettier, and ESLint.
- Continuous Delivery.
- Budget: 15 000 – 23 000 PLN gross/monthly (employment contract) (for candidates located in Poland)
- Start date: as soon as possible (however, they’re happy to wait for the right person).
- Some of their benefits (the final package will depend on the location):
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental Health Helpline – providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services – personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of their Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council etc.)
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply! 🙂
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Senior Software Engineer (Front-End), Design System position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com