Our client is the world’s largest online community, uniting students, parents and teachers in solving their academic problems and exchanging knowledge. Every month they are proud to be home for 350 million users. Besides delivering world class educational products they’re a technology company at heart. Engineering teams at our client are proud of the work they do and the impact they make on the future of education worldwide.
HOW DO THEY BUILD SERVICES?
Back-end engineers enjoy all the pros and cons of distributed programming. They ship changes to production multiple times a day and their delivery pipeline makes your code ready to join thousands of already running containers in just 5 minutes. Their services land on Kubernetes that is hosted on AWS. They also leverage the power of AWS serverless like Lambdas, DynamoDB, AppSync, Cognito, just to name a few. Services communicate either via messaging or good old HTTP. Their platform is defined entirely as code (Terraform, Ansible) and they get lots of goodies out of the box – alerting, logging and telemetry to name a few. They are believers in the DevOps culture, but they still have some things to do to get there.
HOW DO THEY WORK?
They also enjoy great engineering culture – they do code reviews and schedule time to write tests. They truly believe that their collaborative environment makes space for everyone to learn, improve and take their engineering to the next level. They try to give back to the community as much as they can – you can see them at various conferences, read the blog posts or even come to one of the meetups that they proudly host in their lovely office.
IS THIS OFFER FOR YOU?
They are looking for engineers who are ready to tackle complex challenges with the right tools. They don’t expect their future colleagues to have the experience with every language or tool they use at production. They write mainly in Go and Python but, as everything in life, these can be learned and they are sure that their bootcamp will get you up to speed. They are also a team of engineers with diverse backgrounds and they are more than happy to learn from your experience too.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
The new engineer will be working with them on the Tutoring product, which offers a personalized learning experience at any time it is needed. Students come to the company with a problem they try to solve and Tutoring gives them an opportunity to be connected to an expert within a few seconds.
They will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, and maintaining code for our client platform to enhance the great learning experience fort their users.
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security
- Collaborating with other software engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of your deliverables.
- Conducting code reviews, contributing high-quality documentation, and building robust test suites for your features.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- 3+ years of experience writing web services in a general-purpose programming language
- 1+ years of practical experience building WebRTC and/or other media streaming technologies – experience with designing and implementing audio & video streaming and processing services (preferably in video-conferencing products)
- Experience with databases/data stores
- Interest in TDD and specific experiences using a test heavy approach to solve problems and create solutions
- Ability to brainstorm and co-create new solutions, both business and technical
- Familiarity with a complex, high-performance platform
- Established ability to diagnose technical problems, debug complex problems across the whole stack, and automate routine tasks
- Focus on the needs of their users, both internal and external
- Understanding of core testing principles
- High level of self-organization and ability to make your own decisions
- Great communications skills and ability to learn fast
- Knowledge of Go or Python
- Experience building distributed systems at scale
- Experience building microservices
- Experience working with public cloud provider offerings (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Knowledge of Deep Learning techniques and frameworks
- Statistics/Data Science experience
- Experience working with messaging queues and/or streaming platforms
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Location: Kraków or Barcelona, or remotely from Poland/Spain
- Level: mid or senior
- Salary: mid 11 500 – 16 000 PLN, senior 15 000 – 23 000 PLN gross/monthly (employment contract)
- Start date: as soon as possible (however, they’re happy to wait for the right person)
- Some of their benefits – the final offer will depend on the location:
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental Health Helpline – providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services – personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of their Employee Resource Groups and initiatives
- If needed, additional budget for remote work accessories
Przygotuj CV w wersji angielskojęzycznej (w PDF), wypełnij formularz i zaaplikuj! 🙂
Ważne: Prosimy o zamieszczenie w CV następującej zgody niezbędnej do procesu rekrutacji:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Software Engineer (Back-End) with video experience position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com