The candidate will join one of the largest banking institutions in the world.
Department: Digital Business Services (DBS) is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to their global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. DBS combines global expertise and technology to help keep them ahead of the competition.
IT Operations manages the IT infrastructure and supporting services that are critical for the company’ss employees and customers, such as cost-efficient hardware, system software, middleware and databases, Data Centers, Voice and Data networks, Cloud & External Infrastructure services, ATMs, Desktops and other devices.
Within IT Infrastructure, Telecommunications provide services covering networks, security, voice, video, contact centre, trade floor and media recording.
They are currently seeking an experienced professional to join their team in the role of Finance Manager for Telecommunications Services.
Key Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
- Managing and supporting financial processes within Telecommunication Services, as part of the approx. $400m annual spend across 65 countries.
- Focus on managing purchase to pay, including purchase orders, approvals, circuit orders, and invoicing.
- Supporting planning, budgeting and forecasting, covering Run the Bank and Change the Bank.
- Supporting rate setting, recharges and billing to recover Telecommunications costs from the Bank.
- Financial reporting and generation of management information.
- Monitoring, analyzing and summarizing financial and performance data in support of decision making.
Impact on the Business/Function
- Exceeds expectations of internal customers through partnering to deliver high quality services to the Telecoms functions.
- Advises on the setting of financial goals/objectives, and drives attainment of them.
- Identifies problems and implements solutions, making decisions based on sound, rational judgment.
- Continuously improves the way Telecoms operates financially by generating new and practical ways of doing things in order to deliver new standards, solve problems and gain a competitive advantage.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Build strong relationships, using own expertise and experience, adopting a collaborative approach.
- Drive through standardization and improvement of processes, procedures. and tools to enhance and conform to Global standards.
- Support for global function financial planning and reporting.
- Global Head of TS and all L6 Sub Domain Leads.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Drives a high performance culture through leadership by example.
- Creates, collaborates and contributes to the development of group-wide Telecoms policies and implements these to ensure commonality and consistency of solutions and services.
- Independently performs assignments to achieve stated objectives and resolve non-routine issues without significant guidance from others.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Drives transformational change by establishing priorities, actions, milestone and constraints in a logical sequence and checking progress against plans, taking corrective action as required.
- Applies understanding of the business and technology to manage budgets, improve profitability and sustain savings.
- Use professional knowledge to identify and champion new, innovative or improved best practices.
- Understands functional risks.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything they do, both personally and as an organisation.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the company’s Values and Culture, adhering to the company’s risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns, and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of the company’s Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with the Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
Required skills and experience:
- 5 years plus financial management or relevant experience, ideally within Financial Services technology functions.
- Degree level education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices (qualified or part qualified preferred).
- Fluent English language required.
- Detailed understanding of the financial planning cycle, purchase to pay processes, and cost management.
- Experience with financial management tools preferred, e.g. Oracle Fusion.
- Strong stakeholder management capability.
- Experience working with annual operations plans and multi-million dollar global programs and initiatives.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the telecommunications landscape and industry.
- Experience of working in a global team.
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely, suitable for all levels across the group.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing activities, schedules and work loads.
- Varied global role is a highly professional and skilled team.
- Interesting and varied career path in an international organization.
- Ability to shape and drive your work based on agreed outcomes.
- Private health care, employee benefits:
- sharing the costs of sports activities, sharing the costs of foreign language classes, sharing the costs of professional training & courses, life insurance, remote work opportunities, flexible working time, integration events, corporate sports team, retirement pension plan, parking space for employees, leisure zone, extra social benefits, employee referral program, opportunity to obtain permits and licenses, charity initiatives, extra leave.
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply! 🙂
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Telecommunications Finance Manager position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org