Technologies they use in the role
• Practical experience of line management
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Fancy helping to deliver the future to loyal customers through an award-winning mobile app or a brand new shiny online platform?
The first direct is the best-kept secret. They absolutely have their customers at their heart – which is demonstrated through the amazing numbers of awards they win for customer service across all sectors.
And they only want to make that better. They have ambitious plans to make the most of their current market position to really grow the first direct business. To do this they’re investing in building a best-in-class IT team. first direct IT works really closely with other business teams to ensure they create the right solutions for both the business and the customer and to support strategic plans.
first direct is a member of the company group and is one of the major contributors of profit. Over 50 million customers globally and offers a whole range of products and services. The company vision is to ‘Build leading technology company’ and first direct wants to lead the way.
The IT Scrum Master role will form part of the first direct IT Delivery Function. This function consists of Head of IT Delivery and Project Management; Agile Delivery Leads and Scrum Masters.
The role of the IT Scrum Master is to act as a servant leader to a team of Developers, Testers, Technical Leads, a BA and a Product Owner, empowering them to make decisions and work collaboratively. The scrum master will facilitate the daily ceremonies and will remove impediments that prevent the team from delivering at pace to a high quality. They will track and record the progress of the team and report risks and issues in line with agreed governance. The role also includes line management.
• Scrum Masters act as servant leaders to the team and facilitate the team to self-organise around prioritised work to ensure successful delivery of committed activities within each Sprint, resolving issues and blockers and escalation of these in a timely manner.
• Scrum Masters facilitate their team in continuous inspection and adaption of both their product and their ways of working.
• Facilitate and help organise team ceremonies such as daily scrums, retrospectives, sprint reviews and sprint planning events. They are also active participants and team facilitators in Portfolio Planning events.
• Use of appropriate tools to ensure effective recording and management of the teams backlog items to provide visibility of activity and progress against committed backlog items.
• Responsibility for ensuring SME are engaged at appropriate times, creating a network of contacts in core teams outside of fd.
• Line management of your scrum team
• Some late-night working will be required; approximately 3 evenings per month
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE THEY REQUIRE
• Past working experience in a relevant role i.e Proven track record as Scrum Master or in the Management of Projects across the full delivery lifecycle.
• Experience of working in an Agile environment.
• Practical experience of working with different channels, technology and architecture, such as APIs and microservices.
• Practical experience in line management.
OPTIONAL/NICE TO HAVE
• Past working experience of working on relevant systems i.e JIRA, Confluence.
• Role relevant qualifications, i.e. Scrum certifications, LEAN/Kanban, IC Agile or similar, SAFE 4.0 / 4.5 Qualification.
• Knowledge of ITIL or ITSM framework is desirable.
• Experience of working in Financial Services environment is preferable.
WHAT THEY OFFER
• They offer an inclusive, values-led culture, tailored learning and development programmes and competitive benefits.
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply! 🙂
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for IT Scrum Master (delivery) position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org