You will join the world’s largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents, and teachers
By joining their Front-End Infra team you will be working collaboratively with their product team engineers to understand their needs related to improving the quality and speed of front-end development on product teams. The team is then translate these needs into a forward-looking vision and direction for front-end development at the company including standards, conventions, and best-practices that are used company-wide.
This role will be responsible for helping them remove all PHP dependencies from their company’s website front end. This includes creating reusable React components using their automation tools, building out the new single-page React application to replace the legacy PHP stack, and becoming a certified front-end developer advocate. In addition, there will be the opportunity to help build new features and products using React framework.
WHAT IS THE CHALLENGE WAITING FOR YOU?
- Create reusable react components that adhere to our framework standards.
- Maintain react storybooks.
- Expand test coverage and adhere to testing best practices.
- Learn their React-based framework and automation tools.
- Migrate the legacy PHP-based application to React.
- Use our automation tools to assist with refactoring.
- Help develop open-source tools for the broader React community.
- Share your knowledge with other engineers and the broader React community.
- Become a certified Front-End developer advocate.
Level: Junior or Mid
They expect the person to have at least two years of professional experience as a Front-End engineer. In addition, they expect such person maturity and self-organization in terms of everyday work. Such a person after onboarding to their product should be able to start delivering features without guidance but of course in cooperation with peers and PO.
You are a great fit if You have:
- Experience with agile software development using Jira and Confluence
- Solid git skills
- Experience in React
- Experience in Responsive Web Design
- Great knowledge of modern CSS methodology (i.e. CSS Modules, BEM)
- Knowledge of best practices in Website, JavasScript and Mobile performance and optimization topic
- Fluency in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience in CSS Grid Layout
- Experience in End-to-End testing
- Experience in Visual Regression testing
- Experience in Storybook
- Experience with gitflow or github flow
- Experience using CircleCI, TeamCity, Bitbucket or other automated build systems
- Experience building Angular applications using the Angular CLI
- Experience building vanilla web components using standards based APIs
- Willingness to take ownership of developed solutions
- Focus on quality
- High attention to detail
- Agile mindset
- Budget: 7 500 – 13 000 PLN gross/monthly (employment contract) (for candidates located in Poland)
- Start date: as soon as possible (however, they’re happy to wait for the right person).
- Some of their benefits (the final package will depend on the location):
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental Health Helpline – providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services – personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of their Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council etc.)
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply! 🙂
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for theFront-End Engineer (Junior/Mid) position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org