The company is the world’s largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Currently, they’re looking for a Front-End Developer for an Engagement team.
Engagement team is developing a gamification system to reward users for their activity within the company’s ecosystem, and encourage them to make use of the full breadth ofc the company’s features in their intended way. Gamification is the biggest area of investment in the engagement team, and a lot of challenges in front of them to address.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining code for the company;s platform to enhance the great learning experience for their users
Building reusable, accessible UI components.
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security.
- Collaborating with other software engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of your deliverables.
- Conducting code reviews, contributing high-quality documentation and building robust test suites for your features.
They expect the person to have around 2-3 years of professional experience as a Front-End engineer. In addition, they expect such a person to demonstrate maturity and self-organization in terms of everyday work. Such a person after onboarding to their product should be able to start delivering features without guidance but of course in cooperation with peers and PO.
- Experience in React.
Experience in Responsive Web Design.
Great knowledge of modern CSS methodology (i.e. BEM).
Experience in CSS Flexbox Layout.
Knowledge of best practices in Website, JavasScript and Mobile performance and optimization topic.
Fluency in English.
Nice to have:
- In-depth knowledge of the latest React and its ecosystem.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience in CSS Grid Layout.
- Experience in mobile-first approach in Responsive Web Design.
- Experience in End-to-End testing.
- Knowledge of CSS and Animations performance and optimization.
- Production experience in Service Workers.
- Location: Kraków/Barcelona or remotely from Poland/Spain.
- Salary: up to 16 000 PLN gross/monthly.
- Some of their benefits (slightly varies depending on the location):
- Flexible working hours.
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others.
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed.
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta.
- Multisport Plus card.
- Access to the Mental health Helpline – providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches.
- AskHenry services – personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit).
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares).
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories.
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply! 🙂
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Software Engineer (Front-End) position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org