The PPM Portfolio Analyst role would not have any direct reports but may be supported by administration staff and may report to a Portfolio, Programme or Project Manager.
The PPM Portfolio Analyst role has the following responsibilities:
- Act as the Gatekeeper of data (including financials) relating to Agile deliveries, resource & capacity management across all of the funding and delivery portfolios for department Technology
- Interface with PPM leads in the Value streams to ensure timely and accurate inputs to support the PPM objectives
- Produce timely and accurate reports supported by KPIs and KRIs to inform a number of internal Governance forums and initiatives
- Conduct proactive analysis of data to highlight any trends
- Support ad-hoc requests for analysis or reporting
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the data
- Analyse the data sources and provide solutions in terms of results, bring out the business interpretation of the results and explore better possibilities of coming with an alternate approach as per the requirement
- Collate, test and check independently sourced data and assess its robustness and fitness for purpose
- Support ad-hoc requests in support of the business as necessary
- Proven ability to produce clear summaries and reports from complex factual information, including both written documentation and graphical material
- Demonstrate a commitment to excel and perform to the highest standards
- Experience with Clarity, Jira Rally and Confluence
- Understanding of resource and capacity planning
- Able to confidently present at Internal meetings
- Communicates in a straightforward, confident and timely manner; tailoring and flexing communication style to effectively influence stakeholders
- Uses active listening in group and individual environments to ensure all voices are heard
Ideas & Innovation
- Actively explores and suggests innovative solutions for working smarter or enhancing products and / or services
- Experiments with innovative solutions to test their effectiveness, learning from the results and suggesting alternative ways of doing things
- Promotes innovative and lateral thinking approaches when devising solutions
- Able to design solutions that encompass new ideas and Innovation & embed these into practice
Prioritisation & Resilience
- Able to respond to multiple requirements, competing priorities and critical work demands with flexibility and resilience
- Maintains an organised and calm approach, especially under pressure
- Able to find a way forward when faced with ambiguity
Personal & Professional Development
- Regularly assesses own capabilities, knowledge & skills to identify opportunities to develop
- Challenges the status quo
- Is self-aware and understands personal capability gaps
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the company Values and culture and adhering to risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of company’s Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
Certifications, Qualifications & Experience
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience in Resource and capacity management
- Strong familiarity in design thinking (process analysis and solution design)
- A strong influencer who challenges the status quo backed with reliable data analysis and trends
- Ability to prioritise work within competing demands, to successfully deliver services to agreed levels in a diverse and constantly changing technical and business environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Logical and practical – ability to see the wood through the trees and act on it
- Expertise with MS Excel to extract data for analysis from GPDM, Clarity, Jira, Rally and other company tools.
- Ability to simplify the publication of data extracts for internal stakeholders by identifying and driving the capability roadmap for improvements.
- An experienced practitioner who has the acumen to sniff test the data for accuracy and spot anomalies in data prior to publication.
- Strong analytical background to transform large amounts of data into meaningful recommendations to drive decision-making and continuous improvement