Domain Expertise and Experience
IT Network Specialist working in technology domains and enterprise environments.
Role Specific Expertise and Experience
( Technical / Business / Tool )
1. Technically sound in Network technologies and working experience in agile methodology.
2. Experience of working in a large enterprise
General Knowledge & Experience
- Strong experience with at least 4 of the following categories:
- Data Center Networks (Cisco Switches and Router)
- Enhanced scripting capabilities, ideally PERL
- WAN/LAN /WLAN
- Proxy Firewalls (e.g. Bluecoat, Websense, Zscaler)
- DNS/DHCP (e.g. Vital QIP)
- Loadbalancer (e.g. F5)
- RemoteAccess (Cisco AnyConnect, Cisco ASA, Zscaler, etc.
- IP Telephony (e.g. CISCO UC, Avaya)
- Experience working within Network (TCP, UDP) and Transport Layer (IPv4, IPv6)
- Experience administrate server, router, switches within different Network Topologies
- Knowledge and awareness with Security aspects, compliance, vulnerability
- Good understanding on external MPLS Provider is a plus
- Experience working within large-scale enterprise IT environment
- Experience with operational management according to ITIL, agile working and project management
- Strong technical background preferred and/or experience to equivalent level
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Strong networking and collaboration skills
- Strong communication skills across organisation levels
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills
- Quality awareness and a strong understanding of services
Additional skills (optional)
- German speaking skills are a plus
- A. Secondary School
- B. University (BA) or (BS)
- B. Two to five years
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities
- Support for the hardware and software of a highly available Data Center & Network infrastructure
- Planning, conception and implementation in case of maintenance activities
- Performance and network management
- Continous development, implementation and control of Firewalls
- Analyse, support and advice in business / project demands (Demand Management)
- Ensure Service Quality Targets are met for offered network and security services
- Troubleshooting and vendor management in case of error in the network environment and functionality
- Create documentation for the team which is helpful to do the job
- Work on incident & problem management, permanent issue fix and production support
- Develop automation capabilites to reduce infrastructure complexity and manual effort
- Collaborate and communicate with business stakeholders and IT teams
- Remediation of Security vulnerabilities
- On-call duty (24*7h / one week per month)
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
- Must keep pace with technology and industry development.
- Must be able to engage effectively with multiple stakeholders to drive appropriate outcomes.
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
- The role is working as part of the Germany Telecoms team. Good team collaboration and use of communication tools is expected (Email, IM, video/audio calls, Conferencing via Zoom).
- The team is adopting an agile working approach with regular stand-ups and task management. Individuals are expected to be self-sufficient and would be empowered to do so but also work as part of a team.