Currently, we are looking for a senior back-end (PHP) engineer who is also willing to lead this new team. In addition to daily coding tasks you will work directly with product owners to set the team goals, plan and run weekly sprints, suggest impactful improvements, coach and mentor your colleagues.
Our client is team of software engineers and data science professionals driving innovation to power a marketplace with the world’s largest selection of vacation rentals. They are expanding technology team and they are looking for the brightest talents to join this growing company.
Their product is a marketplace with the world’s largest selection of vacation rentals, listing millions of offers from thousands of trusted partners, including Airbnb, Booking.com, Vrbo and TripAdvisor. From vacation homes, cabins, beach houses, apartments, condos, house boats, castles, farm stays and everything in between, combines price, destination, dates and amenities to find the perfect accommodation for any trip worldwide.
Founded in 2014, our client employs more than 350 people and manages 23 local apps & websites across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and Asia-Pacific.
2021 is an exciting year for their, as they are expanding business to Poland and will be looking for many more colleagues to join the teams in Cracow.
In this role, you will
- Work hand-in-hand with stakeholders to refine requirements, dividing work into clear milestones, identifying blockers
- Choose adequate technical and business metrics to monitor features and manage risk
- Maintain, upgrade existing systems and resolve complex technical design issues
- Learn and master new technologies and concepts, follow industry’s best practices
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or implement automated tests
What you will bring
- Experience in writing good code with PHP, using Symfony (or similar framework) and PHPUnit (or alternatives)
- Good knowledge of relational databases and at least some knowledge of Elasticsearch
- An understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment
- The ability to learn new technologies
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition, autonomy and quarterly transparency about company goals. A focus on work-life balance, combined with consistent collaboration and support from a team of 30+ nationalities
- Compensation of attractive salary, health insurance, additional holidays, flexible working hours, training budget, language courses, employee-led workshops, office perks, frequent team building and company events, business trips to Berlin. Salary commensurate with expertise and experience: 18000-32000 PLN gross