The Major Incident Manager role sits within the Major Incident Management (MIM) team, as part of the HOST Service Management Incident discipline within Technology Infrastructure.
The role holder will adhere to the Group Major Incident Management processes & procedures to efficiently manage and communicate the recovery of IT services. Capture accurate incident lifecycle milestones & drive improvement of recovery times. The role holder will lead service recovery of incidents of Medium, High and Critical threat levels, facilitating both technical and business calls with key teams and stakeholders. Build and maintain effective working relationships with IT colleagues and business partners.
Once an incident has been recovered from, the role holder is responsible for ensuring that all known root cause details are documented and appropriately communicated via Major Incident Reviews in conjunction with the Problem Management discipline to track actions and prevent a recurrence of the incident. For all incidents whereby service outage is experienced, the role holder is responsible for ensuring that a Problem Record is raised to the appropriate team for further analysis.
- Restoring normal service as quickly as possible, minimising adverse impact to the business.
- Recovering Technology systems and services in accordance with business/Technology service level agreements, in conjunction with technical support teams and in line with global incident management processes.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with Technology colleagues and business partners
- Facilitating technical investigations by virtual teams to recover services from IT incidents
- Setting actions and monitoring their progress during IT incidents and contributing to the development of a globally consistent and efficient Incident Management process
- Communicating the impact of incidents and the progress toward recovery to a wide network of recipients using standard Incident Management tools
- Ensuring that recovery steps are auditable and compliant
The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Microsoft office literate
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Proven experience working within an IT position
- Availability to work the shift pattern may be required for this role, i.e. Positions covering both a Core Days and a 24×7 shift pattern are available. The Core Days pattern covers 07:00 – 19:00 (including Bank Holidays). The 24×7 pattern is covered by 4 shifts. For full details of the pattern, please contact the hiring manager
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Global Service Desk, SharePoint is desirable but not essential
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, e.g. Service Operations is desirable but not essential
- Experience working in relevant market/context, e.g. Information Technology is desirable but not essential
- Role relevant qualifications, e.g. ITIL is desirable but not essential
- A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers
- A flexible and adaptable approach to change and will support others to respond in a similar way
- Achieve targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
- Accomplished written and verbal communication skills, is confident and assertive.
- Ability to understand technical and business processes to a level that allows them to set actions, understand the urgency and drive incidents through to conclusion at the earliest.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have a track record of:
- Supporting others’ performance, enabling them to achieve by providing clear direction, motivation and support
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Building and utilising effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
- Planning and managing projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Major Incident Manager position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).