The candidate will join one of the largest banking institutions in the world.
Consulting Services team sits at the centre of client’s growth, digital and customer agenda. They support our
most visionary leaders to design experiences that count, with customers at the heart. They work in short design
sprints, for- and across- the global Executive Committee to ensure better outcomes for our customers and
shareholders. Consulting services typically undertake six types of project:
1) Business unit-level customer & commercial strategy.
2) New Proposition Development through Design Thinking techniques.
4) New business model design.
5) Operating model design.
6) Change initiation.
Senior Business Consultant main purpose is to help shape and define the change agenda for the Global
Business / Function the support across a portfolio of consulting projects or play a key role in one of the global
priority programmes being accountable for:
- Appeal to customer’s viewpoint in order to understand and deliver the most beneficial solutions.
- Understanding the end to end process of designing, developing and deploying target operating models
- Facilitate stakeholders through decisions, consulting them, influencing them and by resolving conflicts and disagreement etc.
- Identify and recommend innovative solutions which leverage emerging technologies and solutions but which are pragmatic,implementable.
- Anticipate issues and risks and address them quickly, with an understanding of the critical path.
- Contemplate contingencies and develops strategies to manage risks.
- Articulate or translate complex information in a clear, meaningful and structured way to suit audience.
- Provide timely reports on consulting engagement status, risks and issues, evaluating performance based on management information.
- Promote and recognise cross-cultural working and communication within team – be culturally sensitive.
- Manage a small team of Senior Business Consultants / Business Consultants to mobilise and deliver consulting engagements (where applicable)
- Drive a performance management based culture to manage and improve performance, including effective management of underperformers
- Work effectively with Programme Managers during Initiation and handover, if the programme moves
- Strong understanding of the project lifecycle
- Agile / scrum methodologies of project delivery
- Understanding of key activities for Change Adoption
- Knowledge of project management tools such as Clarity/ JIRA/ MS Project
- Consistent understanding of banking / HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers and other stakeholders
- Be knowledgeable of the external environment including: Main banking competitors; Regulatory
environment; Key events in world / local news that could impact HSBC; Global economy; Other
industries i.e. latest innovation and technologies etc.
- Business Transformation Frameworks and best practice techniques
- Domain knowledge on any of the following: Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Risk, Operations,
Procuremenet Compliance, Payments & understanding of the purpose, value, culture and fundamentals
of Global Transformation
- Project management certifications (PMP, MSP, Prince 2 or Agile PM) are preferred
- Ability to use Design Thinking approach framework is an advantage
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt/Green Belt is an advantage
- At least 5 years of experience working on business consulting or related initiatives within financial
services or other large complex organisations.
- Solid experience in directing new proposition design, operating model design, developing global
point of view on the applications of new technologies, improving core economics, etc.
- Business and financial modelling
- Experience executing commercial Due Diligence
- Commercial strategy (revenue growth, market entry, market sizing)
- Understanding of Customer Segmentation
- Ability to build and propose distribution and cost reduction strategy
- Operating model design
- Product & proposition design
- Ability to use Design Thinking approach framework
- Extensive project management skills and experience of managing large and complex projects
- Self-driven approach with ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
- Extensive experience in senior stakeholder management
- Experience in managing others and directing work efforts to achieve objectives effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to define a problem, assess it and propose solutions based on facts / data.
- Research skills (exploratory and descriptive) (interviewing, surveys, focus groups, observation).
- Requirements gathering, prioritisation and scope definition.
- Stable and interesting job in professional team with international exposure,
- Friendly and welcoming culture,
- Access to professional training and professional qualifications,
- Strong support in professional development of our people to enable them progressing their careers both
locally and/or internationally,
- Consistent scope of responsibilities,
- Private health care, employees’ benefits.