Our client is a top player in the AdTech industry in the World. They have seven offices located around the globe (in the US, the UK, Poland, and Japan). They’re focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. They do this by making digital advertising marketplaces and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
We’re looking for talented, communicative, and curious engineers to join our client amazing team in Cracow, Poland. Currently, we’re looking for a Big Data Engineer.
You will work in all aspects of agile application development, including our enterprise platform that interfaces with a multitude of services that are dependent on to deliver billions of requests per day. Your opinions will be important in all phases of product development, starting from requirements to validation and deployment.
Working on the enterprise platform, you will be working with multiple distributed teams to architect, create, and deliver new features and functionality in order to deliver the best possible advertising experience in the market. Scalability, performance, and rock-solid reliability are all factors to consider with every line you code.
The Team and Project:
You will be part of the core data development team. Our exchange handles billions of ad requests daily connecting thousands of publishers with demand partners. Each request produces data events that have to be processed to extract business value from them. Daily our applications produce more than 1PB of data.
Please note: all interview stages are run remotely
- Design large-scale data processing systems
- Work with Product to drive the requirements, and own the project end-to-end
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of applications
- Think long-term and be unsatisfied with band-aids
- Identify unnecessary complexity and remove it
- Ideally 5+ years experience in Java development for large scale Hadoop environments including performance tuning and monitoring
- Expertise using an appropriate mix of applications in the big data ecosystem (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop MapReduce, Hive, YARN, Zookeeper, HBase, and other NoSql products)
- Experience with databases system design, RDBMs and/or NoSQL
- Cloud experience with Google Cloud Platform or AWS, k8s, and Docker
- Fluently speak algorithms, data structures, and platforms (Linux)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, physics, or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Communicative Polish and English
- Be comfortable using the right tools and languages for the job, even brand new ones
- Have the ability to develop scalable, modular applications
- SCRUM / Agile environment experience
- Experience working in digital media, marketing technology or advertising technology is a big plus
- Good written & oral communication skills
- Good sense of humor
- Team player
- Self-starter with the ability to independently identify and act on areas of improvement
What they offer
- Working with the newest technologies such as Cloud Computing (GCP)
- Experienced Team (50% of the company are senior developers!)
- Challenges at work that are difficult to find anywhere else!
- Solving important problems in a scale
- Joining a company that is growing and scaling
- Flexible working hours & remote work option
- Annual performance bonus
- Tax-deductible system due to copyright protection
- Private health care for you and your family
- Private life and travel insurance (Covid insurance included)
- MultiKafeteria program
- Training: access to the LinkedIn learning platform and Tech workshops
- Additional paid day off
- Free parking lot
- Sports activities: online yoga/stretching classes 🙂
- Possible trips to California once in a while
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process
I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Big Data Engineer III position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)