You will join a global company that is a leader in providing various online trading tools.
Our client’s mission is to reduce the cost and effort of sending money internationally so that it can reach the people, families and communities that need it most.
To continue their mission, they are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join their Engineering team in Krakow or remotely from anywhere in Poland. Principal Software Engineer is a hands-on engineering role with deep cross-team impact. This is a high-impact role with key input over the technical direction of the entire organisation. As a PSE you’ll be identifying and solving the most impactful technical challenges, leading technical aspects of key projects and influencing the entire technology landscape. Success in this position requires experience and passion for building high-performing, scalable and reliable distributed systems using modern JVM stack.
They have three hubs, in London, Krakow and Amsterdam, employing more than 170 people. They’re a fun-loving team who really believe in their mission and proud that they are making a difference in the world.
Their core tech stack: Java 11+, Spring Boot 2, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, Nomad, ELK, Grafana, Jenkins, GitLab, AWS
You will focus on:
- Leading and supervising technical aspects of key projects
- Contributing to technical strategy of the platform, making impactful technology and architectural decisions
- Building and running cloud-native microservices and modular monoliths deployed into AWS communicating with each other over stateless APIs and Kafka
- Becoming a technical expert in core domains while working in cross functional team contributing to multiple services across several domains
- Training and mentoring other engineers on clean code principles, evangelising software craftsmanship in the organisation
- Creating and driving best practises in the team like pair programming, code review, TDD
- Cooperating with DevOps and Client Side engineers in delivering shared outcomes in agile environment
- Expert level of Java development skills
- Deep knowledge and experience in building high performing, scalable, and reliable backend services
- Understanding of architecture and design patterns and experience in applying them with emphasis on distributed systems
- Experience working with SQL databases, messaging systems and caching middleware
- Understanding of modern software development lifecycle process
- Experience with building software with non-functional requirements in mind (availability, reliability, security, observability, resilience etc) and understanding of associated techniques and tooling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Experience with NoSQL datastores (Redis, Cassandra) and Kafka
- Experience with infrastructure as code and building for cloud
- This role is offered on a Business to Business or Employment contract
- 28 paid holidays + 2 additional days off for childcare + 1 day off for volunteering
- Language courses and extensive training opportunities
- Private Medical Healthcare for you & your family
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Multisport & Lunch card
- Employee referral program
- Company and team off-sites (when travel resumes). Previous locations include Ibiza, Lisbon, Berlin and Amsterdam
- Use of MacBook 15” Pro
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Principal Software Engineer position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”