They are the better way to transfer money worldwide.
Their mission is to reduce the cost and effort of sending money internationally so that it can reach the people, families, and communities that need it most.
To continue their mission, they are looking for a Software Development Manager to join their Engineering team in Krakow or remotely from anywhere in Poland. As SDM you’ll be leading an agile team of engineers (4-8) building capabilities at the core of their platform. You will be responsible for the technical direction of the team and software solutions under your remit, working hand in hand with the Product Manager on shaping the vision and technical strategy to execute. You will drive the development of your team, helping them build adequate solutions to business requirements while helping them in building their careers.
As technology lovers, they constantly improve their products with new technologies and code architecture. they are open-source contributors. They’ve been sharing their insights openly on their blog and engineering conferences.
They take responsibility for the software through its entire lifecycle. They practice continuous integration and delivery and support what they’ve built and own. They work cross-functionally.
They have three hubs – in London, Krakow, and Amsterdam, employing more than 170 people. They’re a fun-loving team that believes in their mission and are proud to make a difference in the world.
Their core tech stack: Java 11+, Spring Boot 2, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker,, ELK, Grafana, Jenkins, GitLab, AWS, Hashicorp Stack
You will focus on:
- Hiring, onboarding, leading, developing, and supporting a team of 4 to 8 engineers
- Working together with the Product Manager to align technology solutions to product vision
- Ensuring the team is productive and have a clear roadmap that can be executed while balancing product outcomes with technical strategy
- Evaluating current engineering processes to drive adaptation of best software engineering practises for better execution and delivery
- Ensuring there is a clear technical direction within your team by fostering discussions and making decisions about the architecture and the technology stack
- Contributing to wider technical strategy for the platform by participating in the development of long-term development and business technology strategies and driving adaptation of standards across organisation
- Encouraging innovation and fostering an environment of continuous improvement
- Experience leading engineering teams of 4+ engineers
- Hands-on software development experience in one of the JVM languages (Java, Scala, Kotlin, Groovy)
- Strong background in distributed systems
- Good understanding of end to end modern software development lifecycle process
- Understanding and appreciation of best practises in software development life cycle
- Awareness of current technology standards and software development best practises
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- This role is offered on a Business to Business or Employment contract
- 28 paid holidays + 2 additional days off for childcare + 1 day off for volunteering
- Language courses and extensive training opportunities
- Private Medical Healthcare for you & your family
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Multisport & Lunch card
- Employee referral program
- Company and team off-sites (when travel resumes). Previous locations include Ibiza, Lisbon, Berlin and Amsterdam
- Use of MacBook 15” Pro
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Software Development Manager position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”