You will join a global company that is a leader in providing various online trading tools.
Our client’s mission is to reduce the cost and effort of sending money internationally so that it can reach the people, families and communities that need it most.
To continue their mission, we are looking for a Lead Data Engineer that will lead their Data Enablement Team that consists of an Analytics Engineer, Data Curator and Technical Data Analyst. The responsibility of the team is to support and improve their data operations across the whole organisation including provisioning and maintaining a shared data infrastructure. You will closely cooperate with Data Science and other Engineering teams.
The Company data platform is built in line with the modern data stack approach, leveraging cloud-native solutions. Their keep technical debt minimal and use the latest technologies. This role consists of hands-on contribution, leading the team and coordinating the efforts with other leaders. The Company structure is flat and we focus on delivering the business value and striving with technical excellence in a smart way – They use DataOps methodology.
They have three hubs, in London, Krakow and Amsterdam, employing more than 170 people. They’re a fun-loving team who really believe in their mission and proud that they are making a difference in the world.
You will focus on
- Spearheading the development of analytics engineering best practises that will enable data consumers to work efficiently as the central resource for Analytics Engineering expertise
- Partnering with the Product Engineering team to ensure we are capturing the data we need from our applications for analytics and to iterate on our development practises for the data analytics team. Partner with product managers, data + software engineers, and business stakeholders to obtain a holistic understanding of each team’s data needs and translate into infrastructure and tooling that enables a data-driven culture
- Leading a team of analytics engineers in building a portfolio of enhanced, cutting-edge business intelligence capabilities that empower data analysts, scientists, go-to-market teams, and other data consumers
- Building and supporting our modern data stack (hands on)
- Expertise in SQL
- Python or other scripting languages
- Data platform architecture – with the ability to understand the context of a business need and build a system that addresses it
- Understanding of ELT approach, agile methodologies (DataOps), big data technologies and analytics platforms
- Excellent communication skills to work with stakeholders to translate business needs and ideas into tractable work items
- Experience with the cloud-native data warehouse (preferable BigQuery, GCS) and modern data stack (esp. DBT)
- Experience in cooperating with data analytics/data science team
- Leadership experience
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- 3+ years experience as a data architect, data engineer, BI engineer or related role
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or related field
- Experience in working with ELT in DataOps approach using cloud
- This role is offered on a Business to Business or Employment contract
- 28 paid holidays + 2 additional days off for childcare + 1 day off for volunteering
- Language courses and extensive training opportunities
- Private Medical Healthcare for you & your family
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Multisport & Lunch card
- Company and team off-sites (when travel resumes). Previous locations include Ibiza, Lisbon, Berlin and Amsterdam
- Use of MacBook 15” Pro
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Lead Data Engineer / Lead Analytics Engineer position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”
Dotcommunity jest zarejestrowana w Rejestrze agencji zatrudnienia (KRAZ) pod numerem 9904.