Their mission is to reduce the cost and effort of sending money internationally so that it can reach the people, families, and communities that need it most.
To continue their mission, they are looking for a Solutions Architect to join their Engineering team in Krakow or remotely from anywhere in Poland. This is a high-impact role driving a consistent, scalable, flexible, and sustainable architecture and system design for their platform. As a Solutions Architect, you’ll be the gatekeeper of their platform’s architecture providing key inputs to the technical strategy and direction of travel. Success in this position requires experience and passion for architecting high-performing, scalable, and reliable distributed systems.
As technology lovers, they constantly improve their products with new technologies and code architecture. They are open-source contributors. They’ve been sharing their insights openly on their blog and engineering conferences. They invest in the growth and career progression of each of their team members.
They have three hubs, in London, Krakow, and Amsterdam, employing more than 170 people. They’re a fun-loving team that really believes in their mission and is proud that they are making a difference in the world.
Their core tech stack: Java 11+, Spring Boot 2, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, Nomad, ELK, Grafana, Jenkins, GitLab, AWS
You will focus on:
- Driving consistent, scalable, and future-proof architecture for their platform
- Conducting (session scoping, event storming) workshops with business and technology stakeholders to help translate business requirements into key design decisions consistent with their long term vision and technical strategy of the platform
- Making sure their’re setting their domain boundaries correctly
- Aligning against the shared technical goals while striking the balance between standardisation and innovation
- Assessing new technology and implementation pros/cons providing key input into buy/build decisions
- Building and evangelising shared documentation including domains and systems catalogue, setting standards for documentation, and fostering discoverability and understanding of platform’s building blocks, capabilities, and constraints
- Recruiting technical talent
- Deep knowledge and experience in building cloud-native, high performing, scalable, and reliable services
- Practical understanding of Domain Driven Design and experience in applying its principles in building reusable APIs
- Understanding of architecture and design patterns and experience in applying them with emphasis on distributed systems
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL datastores, messaging systems, and caching middleware
- Experience with building for cloud and appreciation for IaaS/PaaS offering
- Understanding of modern software development lifecycle process
- Experience with building software with non-functional requirements in mind (availability, reliability, security, observability, resilience etc) and understanding of associated techniques and tooling
- Proficient in at least one strongly typed language (Java, Scala or Kotlin preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- This role is offered on a Business to Business or Employment contract
- 28 paid holidays + 2 additional days off for childcare + 1 day off for volunteering
- Language courses and extensive training opportunities
- Private Medical Healthcare for you & your family
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Multisport & Lunch card
- Employee referral program
- Company and team off-sites (when travel resumes). Previous locations include Ibiza, Lisbon, Berlin and Amsterdam
- Use of MacBook 15” Pro
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Solutions Architect position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”