NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: KRAKÓW OR REMOTELY FROM POLAND
SALARY: 18 000 – 26 000 PLN gross/monthly
WHAT IS THE COMPANY
Our client is the online learning platform where over 300 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a their product such as Community Q&A, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Our client is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, the comapny apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.
There are more than 300 million reasons to join our client — one for every student you’ll help go from questioning to understanding. Team up with them as they build and continue improving one of the most popular ed-tech products on the planet. In a world of questions and uncertainty, you can be part of the answer as they shape the future of learning and change lives, one student at a time. If this excites you, you know what to do next.
The Engineering Management Team’s mission is to maximize the value delivered by Production Teams by building, leading, and growing a world class group of production engineers through the improvement of production engineering practices, engineer hiring, and partnership with all department leaders where production engineers are installed.
The Engineering Manager will be a member of the Engineering Management Team. The role will contribute through assessment of SDLC and software engineering practices within the assigned Product Teams and across the Product Department as a whole. The Engineering Manager will also be responsible for professional development of engineers in the respective area, including building upskilling and mentoring programs.
They will cooperate closely with Delivery Managers, Product Managers and Director of Product to identify opportunities, forecast hiring needs and build efficient, motivated and happy product teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Collaborate with team to develop process, policy, protocols, and solutions within the team and company-wide as it relates to work process and SDLC best-practices
- Is co-responsible for engineering-skills needs assessment in the engineering practice across the assigned Product Department
- Is co-responsible for performance review cycles for engineers
- Is co-responsible for upskilling and mentoring programs for engineers
- Is co-responsible for hiring needs forecasts, assessments, and logistics for Engineers within the Product Department
- Work with the Product organization to identify opportunities for Engineering Manager initiatives
- Collaborate with the team to make decisions regarding platform level needs, capabilities, and investments
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- At least 5 years of relevant management / IT / engineering experience
- At least 2 years working with engineering teams on a daily basis, with exposure to their organizational, personal and engineering-related problems
- Experience with hiring, sourcing, recruiting and onboarding software engineers
- Experience with professional development support of engineers through mentoring and coaching
- Previous accountability/responsibility for the team’s SDLC processes
- Technical background (Software Engineering – related studies, or on-the-job equivalent experience)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in Polish and English
- Agile project management background (and related)
- Interest in an engineering discipline
- Ability to learn fast
- Maturity and high level of self-organization
WHAT WILL BLOW THEIR MINDS
- Previous experience as a Software Engineer would be a plus
- Hands-on experience with managing engineers and/or engineering teams
- Previous experience working with Mobile Teams
- Prior experience managing direct reports
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING THEM
- They want to see you grow along with them – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why, they fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sport card (Multisport Plus in Poland, Andjoy in Spain)
- You will also get an access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but they also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- They will provide you with all the necessary equipment & tools, including an additional budget for accessories which will make your remote setup even more comfortable.
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent the company at conferences or meet-ups.
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Engineering Manager position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”
Dotcommunity jest zarejestrowana w Rejestrze agencji zatrudnienia (KRAZ) pod numerem 9904.