The Mobile Teams at our client are working on some of the most complex challenges in the ed-tech space: creating communities for students around the world. They focus on building the infrastructure that enables users to ask and answer millions of questions every day. An important part of their work is to deliver and maintain services including: a subscription model in the app, video content, Math Solver solutions and gamification.
They are taking over the world, and to do so they are looking for strong engineers who are ready to push boundaries and help them solve large-scale problems with solutions that translate into lasting impact. They also need experts to help them coordinate releases of their mobile products. They want to be the best educational app in the world and are currently looking for a skilled Android Engineer to help them build it.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Working in a very creative environment and with focus-oriented high-fliers
- Shipping products worldwide to 350+ million users monthly
- Transform the world of online education also by developing related products for students, parents, and teachers around the globe
How they work:
- They believe in teamwork, self-organization and adaptation
- They check their hypotheses with A/B tests
- They are free to explore and use new technologies in their projects
- They deliver fast and often
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE
- Take care of the whole release process from planning to pushing product to mobile markets.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining code for the mobile platforms to enhance the great learning experience for their users.
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security
- Collaborating with other software engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of your deliverables.
- Conducting code reviews, contributing high-quality documentation, and building robust test suites for your features.
Their stack, that you will be working with:
- Java and Kotlin code
- Multi-module Gradle project
- RxJava / Coroutines
- Dagger 2
- Rest / GraphQL / WebSocket backend
- GitHub, TeamCity, Release Train, automation
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- 3+ years of professional experience in Android
- Proficiency in Kotlin
- Knowledge of Android Framework (lifecycle, good practices, tools)
- Experience with RxJava, Dagger2 and Android Architecture Components
- Experience in Unit/UI testing
- Experience with CI/CD processes for mobile applications
- Computer science fundamentals – data structures and design patterns
- Solid knowledge of SOLID principles
- Fluency in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with Kotlin Coroutines
- Experience in working on projects with large user-base
- Location: Kraków/Barcelona or remotely from Poland/Spain
- Level: mid or senior
- Salary: mid 11 500 – 16 000 PLN, senior 15 000 – 23 000 PLN gross/monthly (employment contract)
- Start date: as soon as possible (however, they’re happy to wait for the right person)
- Some of their benefits – the final offer will depend on the location:
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental Health Helpline – providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services – personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of their Employee Resource Groups and initiatives
- If needed, additional budget for remote work accessories
WHAT IS THE COMPANY?
Our client is the world’s largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, the company is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $150M.
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Android Engineer position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com