About the project
You will work as a Technical Team Lead for MSS FMO IT in Krakow, managing a team of approximately 10 staff across multiple functional PODs. This team is key to the global FMO transformation agenda with significant deliveries 2021.
You will support uplift of our IT Architecture towards Cloud based technology, supporting Product Control Transformation and other major Regulatory Initiatives. 2021 will see many FMO services moving away from traditional database technology to cloud based storage & processing, this will be accelerated by the global FRTB programme which will provide central sourcing of MSS PTS transaction, valuation & reference data via VAULT.
The role therefore requires extensive experience in Financial Services in delivering distributed event and service driven architecture.
The team provides Regional and Global IT solutions to support critical financial and middle office business functions. These include strategic product / valuation control & reporting tools, accounting rules engines, integrated data distribution layers, shared data stores / services and capital / liquidity reporting engines.
- Oversee project and development activities for FMO Shared Services, provide leadership at both functional and technical level. Be hands-on whenever necessary.
- Liaise with relevant business areas, IT teams and other functions to ensure that delivery requirement and scope is captured and understood properly.
- Support the team on a daily basis, ensuring that appropriate escalation and communication channels are in place.
- Work closely with Poland, Global and functional team and support functions to ensure service is delivered to a consistently high standard.
- Contribute to the execution of FMO IT strategy, especially Architecture, Devops, workforce transformation and Location Strategy. Promote and lead Agile working practices throughout the team.
- Develop employee knowledge and engineering skills in specific areas of expertise, in response to FMO IT and business strategy.
- Manage team development, assessment, training, motivation, discipline, recruitment and retention to assist the team in promoting the highest professional standards within the software development environment
Skills and experience they require
- Solid experience in Software Delivery in a Financial Services industry with strong hands on experience with Agile and Devops methodologies.
- Sound knowledge of Java and functional programming with hands on experience.
- Solid IT management experience, including people management / coaching, team transformation, performance & diversity management.
- Experience with complex technical management coordination with multiple vendors and staff
- Working experience in banking technology, knowledge on Global Markets products and their life cycle.
- Strong experience in delivering cloud based, distributed event driven and service based architecture.
- Possesses expert technical understanding of the intersection of development and operations (DevOps), monitoring and management tools, and deployment processes and tools
- Possesses high level understanding in the areas API, databases, and system design
- Able to analyze and provide process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills with a high attention to detail
- Proficiency in resource planning and budget control, effective time management and prioritization skills
- Well organized
- Flexible and able to easily adapt to change
Optional/Nice to have
- A university graduate with degree in IT or a related discipline
- Python experience
- Finance / Middle Office domain knowledge and experience in investment banking sector
Technologies they use in the project
Java, Cloud, Devops, Agile
What they offer
- All their teams strive to do continuous delivery – they do small, incremental releases and follow agile practices.
- They are empowered to use technology and tools to automate as much as possible.
- They build small services and strive to break up monolithic systems where they have them.
- Each small team is responsible for everything from the requirements to the development to running it in Production. If they build it they own it.
- Remote work possible after COVID-19 (up to individual discussion with manager
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Technical Team Lead position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com