Our client is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. Their global businesses serve more than 40 million customers worldwide through a network that covers 64 countries and territories.
The Cash Equities Algorithmic Trading Technology team runs the execution stack from client FIX message in through to order message on the exchange.
The team develops and maintains its own Algorithmic Trading Container, View Server and React/Electron based UI and Smart Order Router with a dedicated infrastructure team for managing its off-campus hardware estate. Joining our client, you will work alongside business stakeholders, back-end developers and user experience designers to deliver clean and user focused front-end functionalities for the Cash Equities Algorithmic Trading Technology team.
We are looking for people with various level of experience, also those who have UX experience and seek opportunities to become more technical.
This role is a great opportunity to work on both greenfield and brownfield functionalities and features.
- You and your teammates are responsible for all aspects of delivering software to your users:
- Speak to the product owner and users to understand new feature requirements
- Prototype and develop new features
- Perform testing
- Frequent deployment of multiple software packages to production
- Production availability – we collectively build and own the service
- Peer review of colleague’s changes
- Speak up and help shape how we do things better
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE THEY REQUIRE
- Angular or ReactJS experience, and a willingness to learn new technologies
- WebDriver, Jest & React Testing and similar libraries
- Keen understanding of the HTML 5 ecosystem
- Working knowledge of the Bash shell
- Understanding of software engineering principles such as SOLID, DRY and incremental development (Scrum, Kanban etc), etc
- Capability to quickly prototype, whether through wireframes or mockups
- Ability to identify bugs through industry standard tooling
- Websockets, SSE and related technologies
- CSS Modules, Flexbox, CSS Grid, Sass
- Understanding of the Canvas API and fundamentals of implementing animations, drawing text and similar capabilities
- Experience with performance focused grids
- English at least B2
NICE TO HAVE
- Exposure to Java/Scala/C#
- Hands on experience with Linux based systems
- Understanding of basic scripting in PowerShell, Bash and Batch
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply! 🙂
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the UI Developer – Equities Client Algo position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org