Back-end engineers enjoy all the pros and cons of distributed programming. The Company ship changes to production multiple times a day and them delivery pipeline makes your code ready to join thousands of already running containers in just 5 minutes. The Company services land on Kubernetes that is hosted on AWS. Services communicate either via messaging or good old HTTP. The Company platform is defined entirely as code (Terraform, Ansible) and they get lots of goodies out of the box – alerting, logging and telemetry to name a few. The Company are believers in the DevOps culture, but they still have some things to do to get there.
The Q&A Knowledge Base team’s mission is to enrich company content with attributes that connect it to other information sources, including textbooks, educational videos, relevant classes, and points in school curricula. The team is responsible for building and supporting a system that maps social Q&A to textbook chapters and topics.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiast of educational technologies with a background in digital products development and a blend of coding, machine learning, and natural language processing skills.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Work closely with business stakeholders and product teams to design new features to implement or improve the functionalities and user experience of the platform.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining code for the company platform to enhance the great learning experience for our users.
- Solving complex challenges such as performance, scalability, and security
- Collaborating with other software engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of your deliverables.
- Conducting code reviews, contributing high-quality documentation, and building robust test suites for your features.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE?
- 4+ years of experience writing web services in a general-purpose programming language
- Working knowledge of Golang or Java or C++
- Familiarity with a complex, high-performance platform
- Experience with microservices, REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience building distributed systems at scale
- Experience with modern cloud services and serverless architectures (AWS or GCP)
- Experience with Golang
- Experience building microservices
- At least 1 year of experience with machine learning production environments
- Experience with large volume ETL jobs or data streaming
- Ability to brainstorm and co-create new solutions, both business and technical
- Ability to prototype and test suboptimal solutions quickly and iterate up to a final product that can be deployed in production
- Be expected to be analytical, accurate but also creative and to come up with your own ideas and suggestions
- Established ability to diagnose technical problems, debug complex problems across the whole stack, and automate routine tasks
- Team player attitude and clear communications skills
- Familiar with agile development and lean principles
- Ability to learn fast
- High level of self-organization
Skills and systems:
- At least some of the backend engineering technologies/methodologies such as Golang, C++, Java, RDBS, NoSQL, Graph databases, AWS, GCP, K8s, Microservices, Clean Architecture, SOLID, Queue systems, TDD.
- Salary: 16 000 – 23 000 PLN gross/ monthly (depending on the seniority),
- Some of our benefits (slightly varies depending on the location):
- Flexible working hours
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental health Helpline – providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services – personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Senior Back-end Engineer (ML Team) position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org