Azimo is the better way to transfer money worldwide. We are a globally recognised FinTech startup that for more than 9 years now, has been building the technology to disrupt the finance industry. As a mobile-first company, we want to make sending money abroad as easy and convenient as sharing photos or messaging with your loved ones.
But money transfer services aren’t all. As technology lovers, we constantly improve our products with cutting edge solutions and code architecture. As AzimoLabs, we’ve been sharing our insights openly on the blog and open source repositories, so engineers all over the world can benefit from our experience.
We have three hubs, in London, Krakow and Amsterdam, employing more than 170 people. We’re a fun-loving team who really believe in our mission and proud that we are making a difference in the world.
To continue our mission we are looking for an Android Software Engineer that will work with us on our mobile app development. After joining us, you will become a member of one of our mission teams and will contribute to product features development. You will also work on cross-team code architecture as a member of the mobile engineering guild. Depending on your experience and skills, we will create a personalised path that is in line with both the company’s mission and your self-development plans.
Our app’s code is built in Java and Kotlin, with a strong focus on testing (unit, functional and end-to-end tests) and automations that are built on top of Jenkins + Gitlab. The entire Android team contributes to the multi-module codebase. Our solutions among the others use Dagger for dependency injection, RxJava for asynchronous code, MVP as a UI logic architecture, and Room/SQLite for data management.
Your code will reach production in the first 7 days of your work – we can promise that!
Tools we use:
- Android Studio, Gradle build system,
- Okhttp, Retrofit, Moshi, Room,
- Gitlab and Jenkins,
- Espresso and Firebase Test Lab for functional/end-to-end testing,
- minimal Android SDK is 21
- Zeplin/Figma for cooperation with UI designers
- Experience in Kotlin and/or Java language
- RxJava (experience is nice to have, but knowledge is a must)
- Good knowledge of software design patterns written in Android
- Knowledge of data storage mechanisms in Android (Room/SQLite)
- Knowledge about Android networking solutions (experience in RESTful API integration)
- Understanding of UI/UX (Interface Builder, building UI components in code)
- Knowledge of mobile platform capabilities and limitations
Nice to have:
- Experience in app releasing process
- Experience in working with a team
- Experience in working with CI/CD environments
- Basic knowledge about functional and UI testing
- Open Source projects
- This role is offered on a Business to Business or Employment contract
- 28 paid holidays + 2 additional days off for childcare + 1 day off for volunteering
- Language courses and extensive training opportunities
- Private Medical Healthcare for you & your family
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Multisport & Lunch card
- Employee referral program
- Company and team off-sites (when travel resumes). Previous locations include Ibiza, Lisbon, Berlin and Amsterdam
- Use of MacBook 15” Pro
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Regular Android Software Engineer position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”