What they offer
- Working with the newest technologies such as Cloud Computing (GCP)
- Experienced Team (50% of the company are senior developers!)
- Challenges at work that are difficult to find anywhere else!
- Solving important problems in a scale
- Joining a company that is growing and scaling
- Flexible working hours & remote work option
- Design large-scale data processing systems
- Work with Product to drive the requirements, and own the project end-to-end
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of applications
- Think long-term and be unsatisfied with band-aids
- Identify unnecessary complexity and remove it.
- Ideally 5+ years of experience in Java/Scala development for large scale Hadoop environments including performance tuning and monitoring
- Expertise using an appropriate mix of applications in the big data ecosystem (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop MapReduce, Hive, YARN, Zookeeper, HBase, and other NoSql products)
- Experience with databases system design, RDBMs, and/or NoSQL
- Cloud experience with Google Cloud Platform or AWS, k8s, and Docker
- Fluently speak algorithms, data structures, and platforms (Linux)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, physics, or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Communicative Polish and English.
- Be comfortable using the right tools and languages for the job, even brand new ones
- Have the ability to develop scalable, modular applications
- SCRUM / Agile environment experience
- Experience working in digital media, marketing technology or advertising technology is a big plus
- Good written & oral communication skills
- Good sense of humor
- Team player
- Self-starter with the ability to independently identify and act on areas of improvement.
- Annual performance bonus
- Tax-deductible system due to copyright protection
- Private health care for you and your family (covered by OpenX)
- Private life and travel insurance (Covid insurance included)
- MultiKafeteria program
- Training: access to the LinkedIn Learning platform, Tech workshops, English lessons
- Holiday Allowance
- Pension scheme (PPK from PZU)
- Additional paid day off
- Free parking lot
- Sports activities: online yoga/stretching classes
- Access to peer to peer recognition platform
- Possible trips to California once in a while
- Company events (online during the pandemic time)
- Monthly work from home allowance and one-time payment when you join us to help you set up your home office
- We celebrate team members’ important personal milestones (vouchers, gifts)
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF), fill in the form, and apply!
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Senior Software Engineer (Big Data) position on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”
Dotcommunity jest zarejestrowana w Rejestrze agencji zatrudnienia (KRAZ) pod numerem 9904.