The candiate will join one of the largest banking intitutions in the world.
As part of their fast growing business they are looking for the Network Support Engineer to join the CTO Telecommunication Services (TS) Department and their global Team.
About the project:
TS provides the solutions and services that enable the company’s staff and systems to operate and communicate on a daily basis. The Network Support Engineer role itself is focused on End User Support Administration. Support Engineer will manage IT services in line with agreed service levels 24/7 and 365 days a year. Recover IT systems, and services in accordance with agreed business/IT service levels in conjunction with technical support teams and in line with incident management processes. Provide second line support of the Telecommunication equipment and services, perform scheduled tasks, and support the implementation of changes using the banks systems management and operational tools. Liaise and coordinate with the internal support teams, vendors, internal customers and line management to ensure continuous service delivery and appropriate escalation of incidents.
- Speedy resolution of Incidents.
- Support the Incident Management team to identify root cause and facilitate service recovery.
- Engage with users to resolve their incidents.
- Monitor network performance and quickly restore network resilience.
- Raise vendor RMAs and facilitate the recovery of failed network hardware.
- Interact with third party vendors and other internal CTO teams.
- Support business change activity.
- Create, submit knowledge articles.
- Identify and implement service and operational improvements.
- Willing to work weekends and shifts.
- Work part of a virtual team.
Skills and Experience:
- Good technical aptitude.
- Experience in Network troubleshooting in a NOC environment.
- Willing to learn and support broad range of telecoms disciplines – such as voice, Data Centre and virtualization.
- Hands on experience on Switches, Load Balancers, Routers, Fire Walls at Data Centre level.
- Day to day experience using tools such as Splunk, SevOne, Cascade & Thousand Eyes.
- Solid understanding of routing protocols.
- Understanding ITIL disciplines or ITIL qualified.
- Interpersonal skills – demonstrate good judgement, assertiveness, effective communicator and able to work in a high pressure environment.
- Able to identify and manage risk.
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all the globe
- Excellent English language and written skills.
Beneficial but not essential:
- Telecoms Certification would be a big benefit.
- Experience of working in the Agile environment.
- History of working in a large, global financial or IT organization.
- Career path within a global organization.
- Private health care, employees’ benefits.
- Flexible working pattern, including home working.
- Commutable office location.
- Extensive opportunities for training and self-development.
Note: Prepare your CV in English (PDF) and fill in the form
Please include in your CV the following clause necessary for the recruitment process:
“I agree to the processing of personal data that I have made available voluntarily in the recruitment process by the Administrator of personal data, i.e. Dotcommunity Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością [Ltd.] based in Cracow, 15 Żabiniec Street, 31-215 Cracow, registered in Poland, the Cracow’s District Court – Śródmieście, XI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under number 0000468484, VAT number: 9452174499, (“Dotcommunity”) in order to carry out the recruitment process for the Network Support Engineer on the basis of Art.6 item 1a of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”
Dotcommunity jest zarejestrowana w Rejestrze agencji zatrudnienia (KRAZ) pod numerem 9904.